Silk Pure Almond Milk  » Food  »
  • I alternate between coconut and almond milks for variety and to offset the cost a little
  • One product I found that works very well for him is Silk Pure Almond Milk in vanilla and chocolate
  • I love it that they make a chocolate version so he does not have to miss out on this childhood favorite
  • The flavor of the chocolate almond milk is delicious and I personally like it myself
  • I like the Silk products including the soy milk that got me hooked on my love of Silk milks

• by Aphrodite

My son is lactose intolerant so we buy milk alternatives for him for drinking, cereal and mixing in recipes. I alternate between coconut and almond milks for variety and to offset the cost a little. One product I found that works very well for him is Silk Pure Almond Milk in vanilla and chocolate. I love it that they make a chocolate version so he does not have to miss out on this childhood favorite. The flavor of the chocolate almond milk is delicious and I personally like it myself.

The vanilla flavored milk is also smooth and creamy with a

subtle almond flavor that is very pleasant. I personally taste everything that I give my son so I know this is good. I like the Silk products including the soy milk that got me hooked on my love of Silk milks. I tried the soy milk with my son in the beginning but he couldn’t tolerate it so I kept looking for alternatives.

For cooking, the vanilla almond milk is almost undetectable when used in recipes. I have used this in macaroni and cheese which makes it creamy and delicious without any “funky” aftertaste. I have often substituted canned evaporated milk ...

• for fresh milk and you can sometimes pickup a slight canned milk flavor. It is also great for making pancakes and biscuits. I also use it in place of the water in pancake mixes and biscuit dough, the pancakes come out light and moist and absorb the goodness of the syrup.

The kids love this milk too. My little one drinks it in his bottle and I put it on his cereal and in oatmeal. He loves the flavor and enjoys the “chocolate” milk as well. The older kids also love it, as I have used it on their cereal and

for drinking when we run out of regular milk. If I tell the oldest he has to wait for cereal because we are out of milk he will say “no mom, there is milk in the fridge” and go grab the carton and bring it to me. None of the kids can tell it isn’t real milk.

I love this product and recommend it to anyone, not only those who are lactose intolerant. The only thing I don’t like about it is the fact that it only comes in ½ gallon cartons and the cost is a little more than regular milk.

kristen says :

this milk is amazing it tastes like icecream. any kid would love to drink it. and it’s healthy.

Aphrodite replies :

Yes, we love the Silk products. I have thought of using the almond milk to make tropical fruit smoothies for my son. You could also use the coconut milk the same way.

Brian Green says :

Silks almond milk has been a God send to us as we decided to move our son away from cow milk. He loves it and we feel a lot happier with him drinking this

nitakb says :

That’s awesome, Almond milk is typically better than dairy milk, in a sense our children can benefit from almond milk because of all the the vitamins and minerals .

Aphrodite replies :

That’s great, I am so happy for you. My son has been drinking almond milk for a while now and he likes it when I add a little strawberry or chocolate syrup to it in a milkshake or add fruit for a smoothie. You can use it in so many ways.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274061577830930/k2311a064/6.4.12