Cover Girl Liquiline Blast in Blue Boom  » Cosmetics  »
  • The Cover Girl Liquiline Blast in Blue Boom gets a rating of 9 out of 10 in my opinion
  • It actually shows up on my lash line and even when I put it in my water line and I think that is what sets it apart and makes it worth the eight dollar price tag
  • I love that the blue shade is incredibly vibrant and well pigmented
  • The color definitely has a bit of a sheen to it (as opposed to a matte, non-shiny finish)
  • I do highly recommend this liner if you are trying to find a metallic blue that really adds a nice, very visible, highly pigmented pop of color to the eyes without too much effort

• by jreviews

The Cover Girl Liquiline Blast in Blue Boom gets a rating of 9 out of 10 in my opinion. There are a total of six different shades available (black, brown, silver, purple, blue, and green), and I purchased the blue one for about eight dollars at my local Walgreen’s. That is actually rather expensive (in my opinion) for an eye liner product, seeing as they have eye liner available for as little as 99 cents in some stores. However, I truly do love this eye liner pencil. It was worth every penny. It is one of the most vibrant blue liners that I have ever tried. It actually shows up on my lash line and even when I put it in my water line and I think that is what sets it apart and makes it worth the eight dollar price tag.

I love that the blue shade is incredibly vibrant and well pigmented.

It’s always very impressive to me when you can get a very bold look with one light swipe of a liner pencil. The color definitely has a bit of a sheen to it (as opposed to a matte, non-shiny finish). It almost has a metallic finish. I would describe it as an “electric blue” (because “blue boom” is actually not all that descriptive). That was the whole appeal to this product in the first place. It promises to give liquid like intensity even though it comes in the form of a pencil liner (hence the name “Liquiline”). I not only like the look but also the feel of this liner as well. It is surprisingly creamy. It does not tug at my lash line. I love the fact that because this is so pigmented, I only have to swipe across my lash line twice, maybe three times to get the desired look rather ...

• than going back and forth, back and forth forever to get any color to show up.

This product not only has the colored liner on one end of the stick but also has a smudger tip on the opposite end. I am not really the type of girl who ever really smudges her liner out, but for the sake of this review, I tried the smudger tip out a few times. It smudges pretty easily which is obviously a good thing, but what matters more to me is the fact that once you have allowed the liner to dry, it stays put. It does not fade or bleed. It has good staying power. I have oily lids so I know that a liner is doing a great job when I can apply it to my upper lash line without it budging at any point during the day.

I also must mention that I

like how versatile this liner is. I got the idea to use it as an eye shadow on my lid with the smudger brush functioning as a sort of tool for creating a smoky eye. I got great results. This liner looks wonderful on the lid (or as a base to make the actual eye shadow that you do apply appear much more vibrant).

I do highly recommend this liner if you are trying to find a metallic blue that really adds a nice, very visible, highly pigmented pop of color to the eyes without too much effort. This is easier to use (and much less messy) than a liquid liner with results that are just as bold. These liners are definitely much less expensive than any of the colored liners you would find from a brand like Urban Decay at Sephora, so I do suggest at least trying one out because it truly did impress me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311061577720730/k2311a061/6.1.12