Max Factor Nailfinity Nail Polish in Blue Energy  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is true of all deeply coloured polishes, but even more with this one in my opinion
  • This averages three days until the first chips start to appear and even they they can easily and neatly be touched up despite the relatively dark shade of the polish - in the past I've managed to get a weeks wear out of this Nailfinity polish, which I'm sure you'll agree is pretty impressive

• by roundabout

When my daughter announced that her class was holding a Jubilee party and that all the children had to wear red, white and blue I was sent into a bit of a tailspin. My daughter is just five but likes to immerse herself in school events, including this time around asking if I could paint her nails in these very patriotic colours. Of course I agreed, knowing that I had the perfect shade of blue in my make-up box - a bottle of Max Factor’s Nailfinity nail polish in Blue Energy.

The design of the bottle is striking; very fluid and curved looking with tall golden lid and thin glass body to ensure you can see the colour of the polish inside. It looks fantastic on my dressing table alongside the rest of my nail polish

collection.

The length of the lid makes it a dream to hold as you’re applying the polish, it fits beautifully in my fingers and allows me to keep my hand steady as I paint my (or in this case my daughters) nails. The brush itself is longer than I’m used to but has been designed so well that the bristles stay taut together and helps me to obtain smooth and accurate lines, it’s perfect for application using the three stroke method and applies the polish smoothly and evenly. The neck of the bottle is shaped to allow the user to wipe the brush as you pull it out of the bottle, ensuring there is no excess to blob and spoil the finish of your nail colour.

The Blue Energy shade is absolutely gorgeous; vibrant, shimmery, glossy and ...

• just beautiful. It’s very on trend and looks equally good in the colder winter months as it does on bright summer days. It’s not exactly the right shade to recreate the English flag on my nails, but it’ll do the job and if nothing else will ensure my daughters nails look fantastic!  Even after just one coat the shade is fairly deep and evenly applied, the blue darkens considerably after each subsequent coat and I personally like to use three coats of polish as I feel this gives the best colour, shine and coverage. Each coat takes an average of two minutes to be dry enough to paint over, with the final coat taking an extra couple of minutes to be hard enough to go about your business.

It’s important that you always use a base

coat when wearing Blue Energy as it can stain your nails quite badly. This is true of all deeply coloured polishes, but even more with this one in my opinion. The depth of colour is also shown by the fact that it takes longer than usual to remove even using a premium brand nail polish remover.

The longevity of the polish is very good, surprisingly good actually as Max Factor is notorious for it’s lack of staying power when it comes to nail polish. This averages three days until the first chips start to appear and even they they can easily and neatly be touched up despite the relatively dark shade of the polish - in the past I’ve managed to get a weeks wear out of this Nailfinity polish, which I’m sure you’ll agree is pretty impressive!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051577550631/k2311a0531/5.31.12