Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • Immediately when I got home and noticed the minor differences I realized I had made a mistake, but I decided to keep the cleanser because I did not want to bother trying to take it back or exchange it
  • I would consider myself to be one of these people, but I feel as though my skin care regime of cleaning and applying benzoyl peroxide to prevent acne from forming at all works much better than using salicylic acid products meant to fight acne that’s already formed
  • When I don’t have acne, it seems to exacerbate the problem, so I tend to avoid using products containing the acid most of the time

• by cmurray081981

I accidentally bought Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser once when I meant to purchase Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing and Makeup Remover after I had run out. Be forewarned, both products look very similar. They are the same 6 ounce size, are the same price ($6) and have the same packaging with a couple of minor differences.

The Purifying facial cleanser has a bottle that is a bit more translucent and the formula itself is clear and gel-like in consistency. The Fresh Cleansing and Makeup Remover has a white bottle and the formula is white and creamy.

the cleanser because I did not want to bother trying to take it back or exchange it. Also, I was a bit curious about the differences between the two.

I might even decide I liked this one better than the other. The main difference between these two formulas, besides the packaging and visual differences in the product itself, is that the purifying cleanser contains salicylic acid derived naturally from Willowbark.

The fresh cleansing and makeup remover does not have this acne-fighting ingredient, and instead simply gently cleanses skin. The purifying facial cleanser is meant to help those looking to get rid of acne.

I would consider myself to be one of these people, but I feel as though ...

• my skin care regime of cleaning and applying benzoyl peroxide to prevent acne from forming at all works much better than using salicylic acid products meant to fight acne that’s already formed. I had done some research online that claimed products containing benzoyl peroxide helps to introduce oxygen into the pores so that bacteria that cause acne cannot take shelter in your pores.

When I combine salicylic acid with the benzoyl peroxide and I have acne, I find that the salicylic acid helps to get rid of it and the peroxide helps to prevent new breakouts from forming. When I don’t have acne, it seems to exacerbate the problem, so I tend to avoid using products containing the

acid most of the time.

I don’t know why this seems to be the case for me, but I can only guess that using two products together that contain harsh chemicals seem to irritate my skin more and may even help to cause acne to form. For me, this product is not ideal.

I gave it 8/10 because I do like the Naturals product line and this product may work very well for people who do not care to use benzoyl peroxide or prefer products with natural salicylic acid ingredients. When I use this product instead of the fresh cleanser, I find I have a bit more breakouts so I will probably stick with the fresh cleanser instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125051577130331/k2311a0525/5.25.12