Taiwan’s Famous Hair Bun Sponge Hair Bang Clips (Small)  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found this product on Amazon after trying the Conair Bun Maker without any luck
  • Even though the reviews for it on Amazon were not very good overall, I decided again to give it a try
  • I decided to get the small size of this bun maker since I wanted to ensure I didn’t encounter the same problem with the Conair Bun Maker in that my hair was not full enough to cover the hair tool
  • You can also use this tool to create a French twist, though the instructions are not very clear on the best method to do this

• by cmurray081981

I found this product on Amazon after trying the Conair Bun Maker without any luck. I still wanted to be able to find some way to attempt to put my hair into a sleek bun without having stray strands sticking out like they would if I used the Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin. Even though the reviews for it on Amazon were not very good overall, I decided again to give it a try. The price when I purchased the product in March of 2011 was $3. 75.

Also, keep in mind that it ships from Taiwan so it takes about a week to arrive in the mail. I decided to get the small size of this bun maker since I wanted to ensure I didn’t encounter the same problem with the Conair Bun Maker in that my hair was not full enough to cover the hair tool. I am glad I decided to get the small one because it turned out

to be much larger than I thought. The tool is easily large enough to handle medium length fine textured hair.

It also comes in a large size, for those with thick hair. The product has a very thick foam-like texture and has a foam core to it. It also has a very flexible wire inside the foam that allows the hair tool to be molded into different shapes that it can easily stay in until the tool is bended back to another form. This is really good for my hair.

The texture of the product helps my slippery hair stay in place and the bendable form allows for it to easily be formed into a bun shape. The instructions are simple. First, tie your hair into a ponytail using a ponytail holder if you have layers. If you don’t have layers, you can probably get away without using a holder.

Next, pull apart the hair sponge and slide the tool through the ponytail so all of your hair is in the middle of the tool. Then make sure to tighten the tool by pushing the sides of the tool together so that it is no longer separated in the middle. Pull the tool to the end of the hair and then twist the hair around the tool in any direction. Finally, once the hair is twisted all the way down to the beginning of the ponytail, bend the tool into the bun shape.

Cover the tool with the hair so the black sponge material cannot be seen. The flexible metal inside helps the bun to stay in place without using bobby pins. This tool worked much better for me than the other products I’ve tried, but I still don’t think my hair totally covers the bun maker. Since the part that is most likely visible is at the very bottom, and I have such good luck with the tool otherwise, I’m willing ...

• Taiwan's Famous Hair Bun Sponge Hair Bang Clips (Small)
      to overlook this.

I can use a flower pin or some other hair decoration to cover the sponge material. Also, you do not have to ensure that the tool is pulled all the way to the bottom of the ponytail before you start twisting it up. Because of my layers, if I tried to twist it all the way down I’d have stands that escaped the tool and would not be pulled into the bun. If you do not pull all the way down to the bottom of the ponytail, the excess hair is twisted up and included into the bun so there are no stray strands poking out.

Just make sure to tuck in the ends while twisting the ponytail back up so they don’t stick out as you’re rolling the tool. You can also use this tool to create a French twist, though the instructions are not very clear on the best method to do this. Since the product

is made in Taiwan, the English translation is not entirely accurate, and is actually fairly entertaining to read (they use “horsetail” to mean ponytail, for example). The method is similar to the bun.

You put your hair into a ponytail and turn the sponge sideways so that the length of the tool is top to bottom instead of left to right for the bun. Tighten the tool and move it down the length of the ponytail, then start to twist it back to the start of the ponytail. The directions say to wrap the tool, but it does not stay put well sideways. You would have to put in some bobby pins to attach the twist to the back of the hair.

It is a messy process and does not work nearly as well as using the tool for the bun, so I do not use the tool for this purpose. Overall, the tool is very helpful for women with thin, fine and slippery hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125051577010231/k2311a0525/5.25.12