Conair Hair Bun Maker System  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I saw the Conair Hair Bun Maker System one day while shopping at Walgreens, and since it was so inexpensive at $3.50, I thought I would give it a try
  • I always wanted to try a bun since I like the professional look of this particular style
  • I think the directions are to put your hair into a ponytail using the elastic and then slide the mesh bun form over the ponytail, so that your hair is entirely through the opening in the center of the bun form
  • Unfortunately, the bun maker did not work at all well for me so I gave it to my friend’s daughter and I believe it works much better for her because she has much thicker and longer hair

• by cmurray081981

I’m always on the lookout for new hair tools and products that can help me get different hair styles. Even though I have longer hair, it’s very flat and lacks volume, so I usually wear it up every weekday. I don’t want to have to style it every day and cause a lot of damage due to using heated styling tools. I saw the Conair Hair Bun Maker System one day while shopping at Walgreens, and since it was so inexpensive at $3.

50, I thought I would give it a try. If it worked, that would be great. If not, I was out less than five dollars.

The next day I tried to use this product to style my hair before going to work. I always wanted to try a

bun since I like the professional look of this particular style. The product comes with a thick, mesh-like material that mimics the shape of a bun and looks like a donut with a hole in the center.

It also comes with its own hair elastic and a few bobby pins. The directions to use this product were not very detailed. I think the directions are to put your hair into a ponytail using the elastic and then slide the mesh bun form over the ponytail, so that your hair is entirely through the opening in the center of the bun form.

Then, you take your hair from the ponytail and spread it over the bun, covering the mesh form. You then are supposed to use the bobby pins to hold ...

• the hair in place. There are a few major issues with this product.

First and foremost is that it’s NOT for people with thin and fine hair. My hair never even came close to covering the mesh bun form. If I took my entire ponytail and covered any one fourth of the bun it would work.

Of course, then the remaining three quarters of the mesh form was visible. This is a product for women with longer, thicker hair that can be spread evenly to cover the form. Secondly, there are only four bobby pins provided.

There’s no way that would be enough to secure the hair from the ponytail around the bun. Even with my thin hair, it would take nearly twice that amount to secure the hair. If

you plan to try using this bun maker, you will need to have or to purchase additional bobby pins.

Also, securing longer hair around the bun leaves the ends sticking out for a more casual, piece-y look which was not the kind of sleek professional style I was hoping for. I wasn’t really able to see where the pieces were sticking out very well to fix them, or to get them to tuck under the bun form for a sleeker look. Since the bun form was far too big for my hair, it didn’t matter much anyway.

Unfortunately, the bun maker did not work at all well for me so I gave it to my friend’s daughter and I believe it works much better for her because she has much thicker and longer hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125051576950231/k2311a0525/5.25.12