Naturally Powered Washing Up Liquid (Lemon)  » Housewares  »
  • I recommend this washing up liquid, even above the leading brand

• by roundabout

After receiving a couple of sample sachets of Naturally Powered Washing Up Liquid recently I have now been buying the full sized 500ml bottles as it’s such an impressive detergent and without fail gets my dishes, crockery and cutlery clean on the first wash.

The washing up liquid is part of a new range of cleaning products designed under the consultation and help of environmental experts to ensure they are eco-friendly enough to be actually helping the planet rather than just jumping on the ‘green’ bandwagon.  It’s made from plant derivatives so lacks the nasty chemical base that other washing up liquid rely on for their performance and aesthetic properties.

I’m highly impressed by the amount of bubbles produced by the Naturally Powered washing up liquid, not only that but the bubbles last for a really long time too!

I put some dishes into soak at 9am this morning and the thick layer of bubbles lasted for a good two hours, and probably longer if I’d have bothered to time it!  The bubbles feel really luxurious and gentle too, plunging my hand into the bowl I can feel that the bubbles have a ’substantial’ sensation which is presumably what makes them so long lasting.

The washing up liquid is excellent at tackling grease and burned/dried on foodstuffs, a relatively short soak is all that’s needed to remove most things but even when I cleaned my roasting pan last night I noticed it needed a noticeably shorter soaking period than when I use my usual product. Things that are just generally greasy are dealt with quickly and easily, the frying pan being a good example as once I’d tipped ...

• out the liquid oil it was simply a case of using a little neat washing up liquid on my dishwashing brush to get rid of that awful tacky feel that occurs with oily or greasy cookware.  Plates and dishes sparkle with cleanliness after even a quick wash, sauces and gravy residue is gotten rid of immediately with a brief rub over with a dishcloth - even cutlery comes out if the hot soapy water with not a hint of food waste or residue marking them.

The lemon scent of this Naturally Powered washing up liquid is gorgeous, it’s quite rich but has a soft fragrance that makes it smell more like a body product than a detergent!  You have to make sure you rinse everything well as this scent can linger on (particularly) metallic cookware, so unless you like

your food to taste of lemon washing up liquid you’ll learn to rinse thoroughly in cold water!

The washing up liquid itself is thicker than most, which I guess is what gives you the thick layer of strong bubbles. The thick consistency can make your crockery extremely slippery though so you need to make sure you have a good strong grip on anything breakable, this is quite odd actually and I’ve never known a detergent make things slippy before - touch wood I haven’t dropped and broken anything yet, although there have been a few near misses!

I recommend this washing up liquid, even above the leading brand. You only need a small squirt to create masses of bubbles and leave everything spotlessly clean, so the 500ml bottle lasts for at least two weeks which makes it really good value.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5325051576820231/k2311a0525/5.25.12