Quality Inn Creekside  » Hotels  »
125 Leconte Creek Road, Gatlinburg, TN
  • The room had two beds and a small balcony that I actually enjoyed sitting outside on during the evening hours
  • There was only one problem with the stay and it was in no way Quality Inn’s fault

• by sarahdragon26

When going on a trip to the Smokey Mountains, one should think about a comfortable place to come back to after exploring the national park. Because you will be sore and hurting. That was what I always think about when I travel the Smokey Mountain National Park. I want to come back to a clean, nice hotel room where the beds are made and I can just fall down on my bed and thank god for flat ground. Even if the hotel was on a slope, the floor in the room was still flat.

While I would have liked to stay at some of the nicer looking hotels, the prices of what they were asking were completely out of the question. 250 dollars a night was far too much. I ended up staying at the Quality Inn for only 75 dollars a night. And I have stayed at Quality Inn’s before around the country and they’re not top of the line, but they serve their purpose of being a place to sleep and rest. The room had two beds and a small balcony that I actually enjoyed sitting

outside on during the evening hours. The hotel is right at the entrance to the national park, so when I sat outside as the sun was setting, I was looking at the national park, not the tourist town behind me. It was very nice. It was a nice size room, good enough for three people with a desk at the window, a TV, and all of the accessible treats that hotels rooms come with nowadays. More than anything in the room, I was very happy to see the bathroom was more accessible then one of the recent hotels I stayed at in the mountains. The showerhead was at the right height where I didn’t have to lean down to wash my hair and there was actually hot water. It was bliss. Pure bliss.

The staff from housekeeping to the front desk were very friendly and very helpful. They gave us all the directions we needed to get to our room, explained some of the changes to the town, and asked if we had any concerns. And every morning there was a breakfast bar in the lobby. I only went ...

• down on the first day and took everything back to the room. There were so many people trying to sit down and some were sitting outside. I was fine sitting in my room, eating my breakfast and waiting for my boys to get up so the day could begin. After the first day, thou, we went across the street to a deli called Old Dad’s and got breakfast there until we left.

There was only one problem with the stay and it was in no way Quality Inn’s fault. It was the clientele that was staying at the hotel at the very same time as us. There was a conference in town for Future Farmers of America and the whole hotel seemed to be filled with teenagers. And they were very loud. Very Loud. From 6pm to almost midnight there was running up and down the hallways, screaming, shouting, and every noise you can think of. After the third day of hearing this and of walking down a 3,000 foot mountain in the pouring rain, I wanted to just sleep. I wanted peace and quiet. And all I

kept hearing were these kids who didn’t seem to understand that other people were trying to rest. So I called the front desk and the poor woman who answered didn’t sound too surprised that I was complaining about these kids. Apparently all of the normal guests who were not part of this conference had called the front desk at least once since the teenagers arrived. The yelling stopped, for that night, but started up again the next night. My husband had enough and pounded his fist against the wall of the next room that sound like ten teenager girls were in there and yelled for them to shut up. That’s when the noise finally stopped.

If the teenagers had not been there, this would have been a completely wonderful hotel room stay. But their behavior was in no way Quality Inn’s fault. Their staff was very friendly, their rooms were clean, their A/C’s worked, and the location of being right outside the park was great. I would stay there again, but our next visit will not be during the Future Farmers of America conference. I’m not going through that again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 225051576710231/k2311a0525/5.25.12