Mass Effect 3 PS3
2.5
  • So, when I saw this was being released on the PS3, I decided to give it a try
  • I enjoyed Dragon Age Origins and somewhat enjoyed Dragon Age 2
  • Since they both were from Bioware, I thought this game might follow the same level of enjoyment
  • When it comes to Bioware games, at least with my experience from Dragon Age, is that I was expecting a game that would take me several weeks to complete
  • I want to know more about the characters and they’re connection to the story, but I was disappointed in that area

• by sarahdragon26

I will just come right out and say that I had never heard of Mass Effect before. I never saw it at Gamestop when I went to purchase games for none of the games were available on the PS3. So I never had any interest in them for I don’t own an Xbox. So, when I saw this was being released on the PS3, I decided to give it a try. I enjoyed Dragon Age Origins and somewhat enjoyed Dragon Age 2. Since they both were from Bioware, I thought this game might follow the same level of enjoyment. Adventure, romance, and interesting storylines.

I’m not a gamer who enjoys playing war games. I don’t even like hearing about real life wars. It’s depressing and a tragic loss of life. I was honestly amazed much I was enjoying Mass Effect 3 and the storyline behind it. In some ways, it reminded me of Metal Solid 4 for the PS3. Which I was also surprised I liked. Mass Effect 3 shows many real life things. Like the real effects of war and what it does to people. The loss. The pain. Everything involved. Especially the emotions of those who are in some ways the big players in wars

and that they’re choices with allies and enemies can cause death and destruction or life and freedom. All by the freedom of a choice.

When it comes to Bioware games, at least with my experience from Dragon Age, is that I was expecting a game that would take me several weeks to complete. In Mass Effect 3, this was not the case. In fact, it only took me a total of 24 hours all together, over the course of a few days, to beat everything. And that includes scanning all the planets for resources and war assets. Which was another thing that just didn’t make sense to me. Those war assets, did they help in the final battle or were they just additions to the story? Were they just simple fetch quests? In truth, I don’t know if they were a help or not. The ending didn’t make answering that question any clearer.

There weren’t many technical problems that I noticed, but there were a few. One of the many reasons why I play more PC games then PS3 now is the loading times. In Mass Effect 3, there were loading screens that seemed to take forever. And I mean forever. One time I was waiting for five minutes

for a loading screen to finish while on the Krogan Homeworld. I actually picked up a book and started reading because it was taking so long. One other problem that stood out for me was when my character was walking around the worlds, the game would freeze or lag for a moment or two, then pick itself back up. I know it’s not my PS3 because none of my other games have these kinds of problems.

When I first heard the sound of the Reapers in the beginning of the game, I just blinked. All I could think of was, WOW. That is one amazing sound. It was different, strange, but really cool. It just spoke of a terrorifying feeling. And it had the desired effect. Especially at the part where I saw the little boy my character tried to save get on a shuttle to escape and there was this creepy sound. Then I see the Reaper and all I can think to myself is, Oh My God. I kept saying, out loud, Please hurry. Get out of there. But the kid is killed when the shuttle is shot down by the Reaper. I actually started to cry when that happened. The images and the sounds just ...

• Mass Effect 3 PS3
      had that effect on me. And the music that plays in the background when the ship, the Normandy, flies away from a burning Earth gives the feeling of despair and grief. The background music for this game was great. It had it’s desired effect all the way through.

My favorite character, aside from Sherpard, the main character, was Garris. He jumped right out at me as one of the best characters to have in a fight and one of the funniest to have around for the random comments that my companions would say. I had him as my companion for most of the game. I was hoping he would be a romanceable character, but it was only after I finished the game that I read he is not romanceable unless he is romanced in the second game. I was disappointed. I wasn’t going to touch Kaidan with a ten foot pole. Something about his character just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn’t like him at all. So my female character remained romanceless.

The story itself had so much potential, but it seemed to die down at certain times. And other times completely failed to deliver what I was looking for. Maybe that’s because I finished Mass

Effect 3, before playing 1 and 2. I want to know more about the characters and they’re connection to the story, but I was disappointed in that area. Again, I played the series backwards and that is possibly why I’m feeling a disappointment. And the ending was terrible. I don’t have to know the full storyline to know that was an awful ending. I was just confused on what had happened to the main character. Was Sherpard dead? What happened to my companions that I worked so hard to get to join me? All I saw was the Normandy had crashed on another planet and no one came out. I can understand why people were so up in arms over the ending of this game. It answered nothing of what might have happened to my character, my companions, or anyone else who I had recruited to fight for us. And there were so many questions that were left unanswered as well as new information that was provided by the Ghost Child that never went anywhere. It just didn’t make sense.

It is a fun game, yes, and the storyline has a lot of potential, but I wanted so much more from a Bioware game. Why do I feel like I’ve been cheated?

Reported prices :
19.49 USDamazon.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2825051576700231/k2311a0525/5.25.12