L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • The L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara gets a rating of 9 out of 10 in my opinion
  • I purchased the product in the shade “Blackest Black” for $8.99 from my local Target (though I know that sometimes you can get a better deal when L’Oreal products go on sale depending on what drugstore you shop at
  • I got it because of the many wonderful things that mascara can do for lashes, I love volumizing the most
  • It actually did a surprisingly good job of separating and defining my lashes and I say “surprisingly” because at first glance, I thought that the brush looked like it would do nothing for me
  • I highly recommend this mascara to volume lovers like me

• by jreviews

The L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara gets a rating of 9 out of 10 in my opinion. I purchased the product in the shade “Blackest Black” for $8.99 from my local Target (though I know that sometimes you can get a better deal when L’Oreal products go on sale depending on what drugstore you shop at. I was personally too impatient to wait for a good deal). I got it because of the many wonderful things that mascara can do for lashes, I love volumizing the most. I prioritize a volumizing mascara over a lengthening or defining or separating mascara any day so I really wanted to see if this product would actually give me a thicker, more full looking lash line. It did exactly that!

To be quite honest, do not believe any of the advertisements that you see about this mascara. The advertisements have grossly

over exaggerated pictures of Eva Longoria with lashes up to her eye brows. This is ridiculous. Though it did not make me look like I had false movie star lashes as is suggested by pretty much every exaggerated claim made in advertisements featuring this product, it did really impress me! If you have realistic expectations about what a mascara can do for your lashes, you’ll probably love this product just as much as I do.

What do I love most about this mascara? It doesn’t clump! So many other volumizing mascaras clump up and glob the lashes together so that yes, they do look thicker and more “voluminous”, but also super clumpy and gross. This one does not do that (even with three full coats of mascara). It actually did a surprisingly good job of separating and defining my lashes and I say “surprisingly” because at first ...

• glance, I thought that the brush looked like it would do nothing for me. I tend to hate brushes with those small stumpy little rubber bristles as this one has, but for whatever reason, it did wonders for my lashes. It applied mascara evenly throughout the lash line. It did a great job of combing through all of my lashes, even the shorter ones. It worked well on both my top and bottom lash line. It also does a pretty good job of lengthening even though its primary function is to volumize.

Another thing I like about this mascara is that it has a pretty wet formula compared to most others. If you are the type of person who does not like a wet formula, do not buy this. I happen to prefer it because as long as you are patient enough to wait for each coat

to dry, you have a lot of flexibility and buildability with a more wet mascara. Just for me personally, this is something I look for and love in my mascara products.

How does it wear? Well, I did not really notice any smudging or smearing neither on initial application or after about eight full hours of wear. It does have great staying power. There was no flaking. Also, when I removed this product, I didn’t notice any lash fallout (and it did not take forever to remove from my lashes though this should not be surprising seeing as it is not a waterproof formulation). Another pretty trivial thing that I’ll mention is that I think the gold packaging is so sleek and sophisticated. It’s probably one of the best looking mascara tubes in my collection!

I highly recommend this mascara to volume lovers like me. You will be impressed!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124051576590231/k2311a0524/5.24.12