Yves Rocher Malaysian Coconut Shower Gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • I've always adored the smell of coconut so it made sense that I'd buy this Malaysian Coconut shower gel sooner rather than later, and from the very first time I used it it has become a favourite
  • I love this shower gel as I'm sure you've already guessed

• by roundabout

I’m a fairly recent convert to Yves Rocher but already am finding myself a huge fan of their products, or more specifically their organic shower gels which are incredibly luxurious compared to my usual products. I’ve always adored the smell of coconut so it made sense that I’d buy this Malaysian Coconut shower gel sooner rather than later, and from the very first time I used it it has become a favourite.

The gel is creamier than others I’ve used from Yves Rocher, it remains in gel form but feels lighter and softer on my skin. As with their other shower gels a little goes a long way, a small blob on my shower sponge is enough to not only cleanse my entire body but also covers me with

this deliciously fresh coconut fragrance.  The smell is very easy to describe, it’s pure unadulterated coconut - not freakishly sweet as most coconut body products are, there’s a subtle tart sensation to the fragrance which makes me think of fresh coconuts rather than the synthetic kind.

The shower gel lathers up to create a soft foam, there’s never oodles of bubbles but what’s there feels very cleansing and pampering on my skin. The foam lasts and by the time I’ve soaped my whole body I’m covered in a thin but wonderful feeling lather, this shower gel is very moisturising and I attribute that to the gorgeous feeling foam which clings so beautifully to my body. It rinses away easily and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean, the coconut fragrance ...

• lingering not only in the bathroom but also around me as I walk around - it’s a delicate fragrance that manages to be robust and can even be detected beneath any perfume I spray on!

I love this shower gel as I’m sure you’ve already guessed. My only criticism is the fact that the bottle has a screw on lid with no squeeze dispenser or nozzle, this can cause you to be too heavy handed sometimes and waste the gel - the long curved bottle also becomes very slippery when it’s wet and is easily dropped while you’re handling it in the shower.  I’ve done this myself once or twice and it’s really annoying as the gel is fairly liquid and a quarter of the bottle can easily slip

down the drain if you drop it.

Yves Rocher is one of those brands for me, I really like most of the stuff I’ve tried from their various ranges but too regularly I’ll find a new favourite. Their shower gels are all wonderful and if they happen to be available in your favourite scents then all the better, coconut is one of my all-time favourite smells and this one is blended so perfectly that I couldn’t help but love it immediately.

A 400ml bottle of Yves Rocher Malaysian Coconut Shower Gel costs around $8, which is a bargain for such a lovely product in my opinion - as long as you don’t spill any you’ll get at least two weeks use out of the shower gel which isn’t bad for the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122051576430231/k2311a0522/5.22.12