ContourROAM 1600 Point Of View Wearable / Mountable Camcorder WATER Bundle  » Electronics  »
4.3
  • I have seen one of these plans foiled by a guy who used a camera mount in his car so I thought I would do the same
  • Instead, this is a camera where you attach it to your hand or anywhere else that you find convenient
  • One thing I am a little disappointed with is that there isn't any zoom
  • The battery life can be a bit of a problem
  • Definitely take care of the battery if you are going to get this camera

• by MisterTickle

I got one of these helmet cams for in the car use. The reason is strange but simple. I have seen videos of insurance and car crash scams where the other person tells you to turn and then crash into you when you actually turn. I have seen one of these plans foiled by a guy who used a camera mount in his car so I thought I would do the same. I would buy a camera and use it whenever I am driving just to be cautious. It may be inconvenient, but will probably save me a whole lot of trouble in the future if I ever encounter one of these scams.

The ContourROAM camera is NOT designed for in the car use. You do not put it in the car with a mount already set up. Instead, this is a

camera where you attach it to your hand or anywhere else that you find convenient. Basically, it will record whatever I see. In other words, I basically can show others exactly what I see things. Rather than having it on my wrist, I have it in the car because it is more stable and won’t be moving as much.

The package included a strap, a waterproof casing, and the camera. The strap is to attach the camera to wherever desired. The case is for underwater use such as for divers. I am using it for the car so the waterproof case is left unused. I didn’t actually test the water proof case to see how well it keeps water out. Rather than attaching the case to my camera and dropping it in the toilet or something, I just closed the case and then put it in my sink full of water. I simply let it stay in there for a while. After a minute or so, I took a good look at it and not surprisingly, no water leaked in. So far so good as the case does what it is designed to do.

This camera records in high definition at 5 MP. It uses a rechargeable battery and this is probably all to it. I find that there is nothing wrong with the quality. The video quality is very good and I don’t see anything wrong with it. One thing I am a little disappointed with is that there isn’t any zoom. If someone hits my car and gets away with it, there is a great chance that their license plate number and characters have not been caught on camera. I wish ...

• ContourROAM 1600 Point Of View Wearable / Mountable Camcorder WATER Bundle
      there were a zoom feature that allows me to change the magnification and actually be able to zoom in. I have it on the other side of my windshield.

The battery life can be a bit of a problem. Since this isn’t a specialized car camera, there isn’t a car charger. I have to bring it home and charge it using a regular socket. If I can just somehow charge it in the car, it would be so much more convenient and it will save me a lot of trouble. Unfortunately that is not possible. I find that it is a bit inconvenient to charge especially when I am on a long road trip. My battery came close to dying out on me, but never actually did. I would hate to see that happen. The battery life can three to four hours

maybe. I guess it depends on the battery tear. If there is a tear, then a full discharge cycle is needed. The battery needs to be properly maintained to get the full lifespan.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to upgrade the battery. I was hoping to upgrade the battery and have a stronger current for it to last longer. Apparently, it cannot be found. This battery is very specialized and I was not able to find a match. I tried searching on eBay and a few other sites and no dice. I even tried looking at manufacturer pages and sellers to see if they offer this battery type and apparently they do not. Some have replied back to me while I got no answers from the others. Definitely take care of the battery if you are going to get this camera.

Isaac Ofori Atenka says :

re : Definitely take care of the battery if you are going to get this camera
This camera is amazing

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621051576180931/k2311a0521/5.21.12