L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base  » Cosmetics  »
  • The L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base gets a rating of 8 out of 10 in my opinion
  • So many people hyped this product up and I have to say that I was impressed by it, but that I will probably not continue to use it
  • When I think of a base, I want it to be something that will extend the wear of my liquid foundation
  • Because I expected this stuff to make my foundation last all day without fading, I was ultimately disappointed with it
  • In that case, I highly recommend this product for its pore shrinking and skin smoothing properties

• by jreviews

The L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base gets a rating of 8 out of 10 in my opinion. So many people hyped this product up and I have to say that I was impressed by it, but that I will probably not continue to use it. Why? All this product does is make makeup go on smoother. When I think of a base, I want it to be something that will extend the wear of my liquid foundation. If I just use this product, my foundation fades because it is not a primer. If I truly wanted to get a flawless face, I’d have to apply this base, then a primer, then foundation. That is just way too much product to be slathering on my face and for that reason, I see this as a sort of unnecessary product that, while nice, is just not that useful for me

personally.

I guess I must first provide the disclaimer that most of my disappointment comes from the fact that this product did not do what I expected it to do not because of some failure on behalf of the product but rather because of a misunderstanding on my end that I think everyone should know about before purchasing. This product is not a primer. It’s a base. That’s important because so many people (not L’Oreal, but beauty bloggers) said that this product was supposed to extend the wear of face products like foundation when in reality, it’s actually just supposed to help your makeup go on smoother. Because I expected this stuff to make my foundation last all day without fading, I was ultimately disappointed with it. That’s not it’s job though, so in that sense, this review will be more helpful for people who enjoy prepping their skin with ...

• a primer.

Does this product do a good job of making makeup go on smoother? Yes. It does a fantastic job. It shrinks my pores and makes the texture of my skin feel more smooth and even. I have acne scarring so there are some places in my skin where the surface is uneven. This product managed to smooth them out so that when I applied my liquid foundation, I was applying it onto one smooth surface. I like that this product has a whipped texture to it. It is very light and fluffy. I do not like the fact that this product comes in a jar where germs can get trapped in and multiply. I’m somewhat of a germaphobe so this really bothers me.

The last thing I must mention about this product is that another thing I initially disliked about this product was actually a result of user error

rather than product failure. The first time I used it, I tried to apply a thick amount of product to my face and it was impossible to blend. I thought the product sucked but what I actually didn’t realize was that this works beautifully if you apply a small amount and work it into the skin in thin layers. If you do that, it applies smoothly.

If you are someone who doesn’t really need to prime your skin, then you might not mind the fact that this is only a base. In that case, I highly recommend this product for its pore shrinking and skin smoothing properties. If, like me, you have oily skin and desperately need a good primer to keep your makeup lasting all day AND do not feel like applying a million products to your skin, then I think this is an unnecessary product that can be skipped.

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121051576140931/k2311a0521/5.21.12