Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion  » Cosmetics  »
  • The Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion gets a rating of 8 out of 10 in my opinion
  • If you are anything like me, I’d recommend checking this one out
  • Even though I know they aren’t actually damaging my eyes, that hazy feeling after removing eye makeup always bothered me
  • Another thing I like is how soothing this feels on my eyes
  • However if your eyes are not super sensitive, I think there are probably better removers out there for you

• by jreviews

The Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion gets a rating of 8 out of 10 in my opinion. The hunt for the elusive perfect eye makeup remover is still on, but this one does a very good job at being gentle. In that sense, it is good for someone with sensitive eyes. I have incredibly sensitive eyes so finding a gentle eye makeup remover is a must. If you are anything like me, I’d recommend checking this one out.

The thing that made me purchase this particular eye makeup remover over the other ones on the shelf at Target was the fact that it comes in the form of a lotion rather than an oil. I have tried oil based makeup removers in the past and I hate how they

make my vision super blurry after using them. Even though I know they aren’t actually damaging my eyes, that hazy feeling after removing eye makeup always bothered me. This lotion does not do that. It is still important not to get it in your eyes, but whenever a little bit has managed to get in my eyes, I haven’t been that bothered by it. It does not sting my eyes or turn them red. It does not make my vision cloudy.

Another thing I like is how soothing this feels on my eyes. It has a cool, comforting feeling to it. Where this eye makeup remover does not impress me as much as I would like is in how effective it is at removing makeup fast. In my opinion,

• a good eye makeup remover will get every bit of makeup off in one or two swipes max. With this one, I have to go back at least three to four times to get all of my eye shadow and mascara off. If I am wearing waterproof mascara, it takes even longer. I always get that sort of raccoon eye look until I go back several times with this product to scrub the makeup away. So, even though this is super gentle and calming, it could be a bit better in terms of how fast it removes product.

Another thing I look for is a product that doesn’t require me to scrub so hard that I get lash fallout. I haven’t had any lashes fall out while using

this makeup remover so that is a definite plus. Something that this makeup remover does not do well is remove face makeup (e.g. foundation, powder, etc.) that well. I have used some eye makeup removers in the past that are pretty good at getting off face makeup as well and it’s really nice to just be able to use one product over the entire face. This one has only given me results for eye makeup.

Do I recommend this product? If you have sensitive eyes, yes. I wholeheartedly recommend this because it is one of the only eye makeup removers that does not make me feel like my eye balls are falling out. However if your eyes are not super sensitive, I think there are probably better removers out there for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118051576080431/k2311a0518/5.18.12