Moroccan Rose Body Butter by The Body Shop  » Cosmetics  »
  • Since then I have been in my element trying lots of new and old favourite products though this review focuses on the Moroccan Rose Body Butter
  • The only problem I have found with this and body butters in general is the fact they seem to take quite a while to actually rub into the skin and I don't feel they fully absorb as much as a lotion as they can be just too thick
  • I like the Body Shop as their products seem to really suit my skin and I can't say I've ever had any negative experiences with anything I've used from there including this
  • I would actually recommend this as it's a very good quality butter that does what it's supposed to at the end of the day and softens skin leaving a beautiful aroma in it's wake and that's all I'm after in a product like this so will definitely purchase again in the future

• by Tick Tock

I’ve been using beauty products from the Body Shop more and more recently after discovering that they have a fantastic website which is easy to order from. Many years ago I worked in close proximity to my local Body Shop store and spent many lunch breaks in there often buying the latest products but since switching jobs I lost touch with what was new out until discovering their website. Since then I have been in my element trying lots of new and old favourite products though this review focuses on the Moroccan Rose Body Butter.

I will now share my thoughts and honest opinions after my experiences with using this product.

Moroccan Rose body butter is a rich and opulent body cream that comes presented in a flat circular tub. It comes in on size which is a large 200ml and the tub is a very pretty and eye catching affair with a pink hue and sketches of roses adorning

the front. The whole packaging is aesthetically pleasing and the reason for mentioning is that it looks suitably placed in both my bathroom and in my bedroom on my dressing table where it matches my decor perfectly.

On unscrewing the lid there is a rich rose scented aroma that emits and it is truly stunning. I’m not a fan of floral fragrances as a rule but there is something very soft and feminine about roses and anything rose scented is always a winner with me as it conjures up romantic images.

The body butter is very thick and rich in consistency which seems to be the norm with these types of products and it has a real greasy feel to it though this dissipates slightly when applied to the skin.

So how does it fare? On removing the lid there is a beautiful floral bouquet that escapes and whilst I can clearly tell there is a rose theme here there ...

• is also a hint of some other floral based notes which to me smells like lilies. There is no evidence at all that lilies are used here this is merely my own personal opinion as there just seems to be something more than the beautiful aroma of rose included.

On applying this body butter to my skin I can feel it instantly starts to hydrate my parched areas such as knees and elbows and slides effortlessly across the rest of my body. The only problem I have found with this and body butters in general is the fact they seem to take quite a while to actually rub into the skin and I don’t feel they fully absorb as much as a lotion as they can be just too thick.

The beautiful aroma of Moroccan rose lingers delicately on my skin for several hours after I have applied this butter and even though I have matching products in this range

including the EDT I don’t feel I need to apply anything to build the fragrance up as it is noticeable enough on it’s own.

I like the Body Shop as their products seem to really suit my skin and I can’t say I’ve ever had any negative experiences with anything I’ve used from there including this. This butter smoothens my skin and hydrates whilst leaving behind a soft but noticeable aroma and most importantly it doesn’t cause any skin reactions or soreness. The body butter does leave my skin soft but also with a taut feeling which isn’t uncomfortable, but in comparison with a body lotion it is certainly noticeable.

I would actually recommend this as it’s a very good quality butter that does what it’s supposed to at the end of the day and softens skin leaving a beautiful aroma in it’s wake and that’s all I’m after in a product like this so will definitely purchase again in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118051576030431/k2311a0518/5.18.12