Tom’s of Maine Natural Long lasting deodorant wild lavender  » Cosmetics  »
  • The problem with a more effective deodorant like secret is it is fully of ingredients you do not really want to be absorbed into your armpits
  • The price is the same as a drug store one like secret, it may not be cost effective if you need to apply twice a day

• by mamajess

I purchased this deodorant because it is natural. I usually use something stronger like secret and I have been very happy using secret for over 10 years. The problem with a more effective deodorant like secret is it is fully of ingredients you do not really want to be absorbed into your armpits. I purchased Toms because it got a good rating at a site www. ewg.

org which rates all beauty products by what is in them and the research on them. This product got a good review for not having anything terrible in it and you can buy it at most health food stores like Whole Foods. The smell of

this is wonderful going on. All the scents they have smell very natural and not at all like chemicals.

This really does smell very naturally of lavender. I own many organic lavender products and the smell of this is very close. I do not detect a lot of other smells. My complaint with this product is that it does not last.

It is only deodorant so I cannot complain about it not keeping wetness away. It does not contain an antiperspirant. It does keep more wetness away than not using it, but it cannot be compared to antiperspirant. If I shower and put this on I ...

• smell great for hours.

By about 8 hours in it wears off. It does not matter if I put it on with dry or wet armpits. I have tried both and it still wears off. The label on it promises 24 hours of protection but it fails that.

On shaved armpits it does sting. If you have shaved that morning it will sting for a few minutes. This does sting far less than other brands and the pain does not linger. I do not get a rash with this product and others have caused that problem.

This also does not cause flaking skin or dry

armpits. I give them high credit for this. The product goes on smooth and does not cake or clump which makes me happy. It also leaves little streaking on clothes and has not left a white mark on my clothes.

I am very happy with this product but I do wish it worked longer. If I compare it to other natural deodorants it does very well. Do not think it will be the same as the ones loaded with chemicals, but for a natural product it is very good. The price is the same as a drug store one like secret, it may not be cost effective if you need to apply twice a day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116051575890331/k2311a0516/5.16.12