Nosefrida
  • Well now it has been on the market for several years here and people talked enough about it that I thought I would try it as well

• by mamajess

I had heard about this product for years before I finally relented and got one. To be honest my first thought was that it was dirty and people would buy anything for their kids. Well now it has been on the market for several years here and people talked enough about it that I thought I would try it as well. What this does is remove mucus from a person’s nose, typically you would use this only on someone who cannot blow their own nose such as an infant but there is no reason you could not use it on someone who is older and cannot blow for whatever reason.

I use this both on my kindergartener with autism who is not 100%

clear on how to blow and on my infant. I do not have two as I am confident in how it keeps germs separate but you would need to have multiple bulb syringes or saline spray for that because they do not get as clean as this does. To use this is very simple.

At first I did not know there was a valve on this and that was my fist hesitation about buying this. The valve keeps you from sucking in snot. You put one part in the child’s nose, and one in your mouth.

Yes it sounds gross, but there is no contamination and it works great. To clean you put it in the dishwasher. Before ...

• this I had saline spray and a bulb syringe but I could not clean either.

The bulb could go in the dishwasher but it would not get clean. This really does get super clean each time I wash it. Unlike the bulb you do see what you sucked out.

To clean a bulb you basically squeeze it over and over on a tissue until nothing comes out so I suppose it is not much grosser than that. Unlike a bulb it is clear so you know what is in there. I always spent a lot of time sucking up and squeezing out water from my bulb before putting it in the dishwasher and I never knew if it was clean.

This

I rinse in the bathroom sink then pop into the little box on my top shelf of the dishwasher. It takes seconds. The price is around $15 wherever you get it.

The bulb is about $5, but the extra money is worth it. It works so much better than the bulb syringe it is worth it. Also I broke a few bulbs trying to get them clean so I spent at least $15 on them over 5 years.

I have had the nosefrida a year and have not broken it yet. I do recommend this to others. It is easier to use, easier to clean and holds up well.

I cannot tell if children prefer it over the bulb, but they look less scared.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5416051575860331/k2311a0516/5.16.12