Peg Perego Si Stroller  » Baby care  »
  • With any item I buy for my kids I think about how much I will get for it if I resell it and I adjust the price I pay for it initially to go with that
  • I like high end strollers and buy a new one around every year either used or very discounted then I resell or trade it and get a new one
  • When I bought this in 2011 I got the car seat with it
  • This is still far superior to non Peg Perego strolllers hoods but they do make a better hood so I was disappointed
  • I do recommend it as a stroller but do not as a travel system unless you only want a really tiny stroller

• by mamajess

This review is for the 2011 model. The 2010 and 2012 are very similar and this review mostly applies to them as they did not change any of my complaints.

I am one of those people who likes nicer things but does not want to spend a ton of money on things. With children I have discovered that the resale of things can dramatically decrease the amount you need to spend. With any item I buy for my kids I think about how much I will get for it if I resell it and I adjust the price I pay for it initially to go with that. All children’s items have a certain number of years where they are still worth what you paid for it and then they fall dramatically in value. If you look at craigslist you will see how things move and see the people who do not understand how this works. If you buy a stroller and sell it in one year you will get far more than if you sold the same stroller in 5 years. Do not bother trying to sell a stroller longer than 5 years after purchase unless it is a very expensive stroller. This does not make sense to most people at

first. I like high end strollers and buy a new one around every year either used or very discounted then I resell or trade it and get a new one.

This stroller is meant to be a part of a travel system, meaning it is intended for use with an infant car seat or on its own. Some places do sell it with the Peg Perego car seat. When I bought this in 2011 I got the car seat with it. I had read the reviews and knew what I was getting and I overlooked it because I got it for a good price and needed the car seat. I did only own it for 6 months as I was unhappy with its performance and I knew if I sold it then I would get my money back for it and if I waited until my then youngest outgrew it I would not get my money back.

What you get when you buy the stroller is the stroller frame with the seat, a hood, a basket and a parent cup holder.

What is bad about this stroller, and why I got a different one: -Like most Peg Perego strollers the parent cup holder is mostly useless. It is too easy to break off when folding and unfolding and it is not secure.

-While it is great that it attaches to a car seat it is not secure like some of the other Peg strollers such as the pliko which I also owned. On the Pliko you snap the seat in. With this there is no option of clicking it in. I cannot figure out why they do not have the two little bars that snap with the car seat on this stroller. Instead, if you want to use the compatible car seat or another brand you need to use the strap. This is the number one reason I got rid of this seat. It did not wobble or fall off when attached but it was more of a pain to use than clicking it in. I usually have two or three strollers at a time and this was my least favorite of all the strollers I have used in the last 5 years for a travel system.

-Hood is not as good as on other PP items. The Pliko has a much better hood. This is still far superior to non Peg Perego strolllers hoods but they do make a better hood so I was disappointed.

What is good about ...

• Peg Perego Si Stroller
      this stroller: -Super light. I got this because of the weight. It is very easy to carry one handed.

-Easy fold and open. It can be done one handed and takes seconds.

-Still very small even with the car seat attached and fits in most aisles.

-Fabric really holds up well, it wipes clean and does not stain easily.

-The recline allows you to use it with a baby. It is very roomy when reclined. It is very comfortable for kids (so my older child reported) and it is easy to pull down and up. I had no sticking issues with it.

As just a stroller I give this a 9. It is so light but still has the full features. It works with babies from birth to 5. I have not put a child older than 5 in it, but they fit well. The stroller is well made, the handles are easy on the hands. The directions to put it together are not bad and it is very simple to assemble and use. I do recommend it as a stroller but do not as a travel system unless you only want a really tiny stroller. If you use it as a travel system often you want a different

peg stroller. If you rarely use it as a travel system or only want it as a backup this will work.

-When folded it has a very small footprint and will fit under tables at restaurants.

-Easy to push even for children, still easy to push when loaded up with kids.

-Adjustable handles. The handles go up or down depending on height. Great for short or tall people. My husband never had to bend down when pushing it and he is very tall.

-Padded bumper bar is awesome. This is one of my favorite things about this stroller. It can come off so if you have a kid who chews on it you can take it off, but it is very easy to clean and soft so your child will not hit their head on it.

-Wonderful 5 pt harness. This is wonderful. It is hard for an older child to undo so it can be used for many years. Much better than the 3pt on other strollers. It also expands to fit a larger child. At 4.5 I could fit my daughter who was 42 inches and 35 pounds in the stroller and the seat and harness fit well.

-The basket is ample and loading it up does not make it drag on the ground or wheels. It can also be reached from the front which I like.

tuliy says :

they changed the style now improve it i guess, because it look different

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5416051575830331/k2311a0516/5.16.12