Lavanila Healthy Lip Shine in Vanilla Grapefruit  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • The Lavanila Healthy Lip Shine in Vanilla Grapefruit sadly only gets a rating of 3 out of 10 in my opinion
  • I love vanilla and grapefruit separately, but something about the way they are combined in this gloss just does not taste good to me
  • I think it smells and tastes a bit more on the vanilla side
  • I paid $10 for the tube which is consistent with drugstore pricing for a lip gloss of this size
  • I can’t say that I recommend this lip gloss to anyone

• by jreviews

The Lavanila Healthy Lip Shine in Vanilla Grapefruit sadly only gets a rating of 3 out of 10 in my opinion. I have very high standards for lip gloss and this one just does not cut it. I was expecting something that would: a. taste better, b. really hydrate my lips, and c. be less sticky. This disappointed me in multiple ways.

To start with, I hated the flavor. I love vanilla and grapefruit separately, but something about the way they are combined in this gloss just does not taste good to me. It also doesn’t smell that great to me. I think it smells and tastes a bit more on the vanilla side.

I don’t get grapefruit at all.

The only thing that I liked about this gloss was the packaging. It has super cute flower detailing on the outside of the tube. It comes in a rather large tube with a good amount of product so in terms of value for the money, I’m happy. I paid $10 for the tube which is consistent with drugstore pricing for a lip gloss of this size.

That said, it did not moisturize the way I wanted it to. The packaging makes all of these claims about how healthy this is supposed to be for your lips because it supposedly contains 30 different essential vitamins and minerals. That may be ...

• the case, but this did not really hydrate my lips too much. Instead, it felt very sticky and thin. Because it had such a thin consistency, it wasn’t all that long wearing. It lasted maybe an hour tops (and this was without eating, drinking, or much talking). The worst thing about this gloss, in my opinion, is the glitter. I do not like glitter in my lip gloss. I find it to be very tacky. The last time I could take glitter lip gloss seriously was in sixth grade. Not only do I think that it looks bad on the lips, but it also makes the lip gloss itself feel pretty gritty. Who
        wants rough lip gloss? Not me, that’s for sure. I literally can’t stand to have this stuff on my lips. I hate how the gloss claims to be “high shine.” Yes, glitter does technically shine, but when I think of a high shine lip gloss I tend to think of one that leaves a super glossy finish without having to deposit actual particles of glitter onto the lips.

I can’t say that I recommend this lip gloss to anyone. It fails at hydrating. It fails in terms of taste and scent as well. Yes, it is affordable and cutely packaged, but it does not look or feel that great on the lips. I’ve already thrown mine away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116051575800331/k2311a0516/5.16.12