Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Eye Shadow Quad  » Cosmetics  »
  • The Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Eye Shadow Quad in “Adventurous” gets a rating of 8 out of 10 in my opinion
  • I will go into greater detail, but overall, this palette has amazing pigmentation, a great selection of colors, solid packaging, and a price that you can’t argue with
  • I purchased this eye shadow quad for about six dollars at Target, though I know it to be available at other drugstores and wherever Revlon is sold
  • I like that the two lighter shades are bigger than the two darker shades, consistent with the amount of each that I use
  • Again, I highly recommend checking the Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Eye Shadow Quads out

• by jreviews

The Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Eye Shadow Quad in “Adventurous” gets a rating of 8 out of 10 in my opinion. I will go into greater detail, but overall, this palette has amazing pigmentation, a great selection of colors, solid packaging, and a price that you can’t argue with.

This product is very easy to get your hands on as Revlon products are widely available. I purchased this eye shadow quad for about six dollars at Target, though I know it to be available at other drugstores and wherever Revlon is sold. Right off the bat, I liked the sleek and simple packaging and the fact that the compact has a clear cover through which I can see exactly what shades of eye shadow I am reaching for when I look through my makeup bag. The packaging isn’t

super cheap like a lot of other drugstore quads which is nice. By that I mean that the closure feels very secure and also that I have dropped this quad once or twice without any of the shadows inside breaking. As far as durability goes, this quad is great. Another thing I really liked was the little instructional demo sticker on the back of the compact that shows a really basic eye look using the four shadows. For someone who is a beginner at makeup, this is incredibly helpful. A last note about the packaging – I really do appreciate the sizes of the shadows themselves. The amount of product is just right. I like that the two lighter shades are bigger than the two darker shades, consistent with the amount of each that I use. With most eye looks, people (e.g. makeup artists or anyone really) tend to use more of the lighter base color and the highlighter, and less of the dark colors in the crease. I think the amount of each product given in this compact reflects that well. It seems like a minor detail, but I appreciate that Revlon does this.

Now to the product itself. The first claim that I wanted to test was whether the shadows actually lasted for 16 hours, as promised. To be quite honest, I have never needed to wear eye shadow for 16 hours straight so this is a bit of overkill as far as long wear goes, but I do notice that the shadows are long lasting with AND without primer, which is incredibly important. I know that I’m getting a good quality shadow if I can put ...

• Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Eye Shadow Quad
      it directly onto my lid without primer and still get great color payoff and long lasting wear. These colors did not fade on my lids even though I have quite oily lids. The colors have great pigmentation. The shimmery copper color is incredibly vivid which I love. Of the four colors, I would say that I am least loving the lightest highlighter shade but that is simply a personal preference (I have a darker skin tone, so super light highlighters tend to look bad on my skin. If you are of a lighter skin tone, I think you would still appreciate this color so by no means does my dislike of it mean that the product is bad). Just for a quick description of the four shades – you get a white highlighter with a slight yellowish undertone, an
      olive green color with gold flecks, a deep chocolate-y brown color (with a matte finish), and a bright copper color. I love the inclusion of a matte shade – the chocolate brown. Overall, I am very impressed with the fact that Revlon managed to make such quality shadows so affordable. The overall combination of the four shadows is also impressive. For a beautiful neutral smokey eye, this is a wonderful palette. I do recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable alternative to something like the Naked Palette.

This eye shadow line also has sixteen other variations (with different combinations of four shadows). Personally, the “Adventurous” quad stuck out to me the most because I love neutral shades, but there are some other good options available. Again, I highly recommend checking the Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Eye Shadow Quads out!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116051575790331/k2311a0516/5.16.12