Himalayan Institute Eco Neti Pot  » Health  »
2.0
  • I decided to switch brands so I got the Himalayan Institute one
  • I guess this is one of the disadvantages with not having a Neti Pot made out of glass
  • My suggestion is just to try and use your free hand and stop the water from leaking out

• by MisterTickle

I actually have a Neti Pot, but decided to get another one. My old one was bent out of shape as it was accidentally crushed. My old one was made out of plastic and now it can’t hold much water in it. I decided to switch brands so I got the Himalayan Institute one. Unlike other Neti Pots, this one is ceramic. I find that although it isn’t glass, it feels pretty durable. I just have to make sure to take extra care when storing it and do not let it be crushed.

The look is decent. However, I get this “cheap” feeling when holding it. It is like just a thin piece of plastic molded into this pot like shape. It doesn’t feel nearly as nice

as the Neti Pot by Neil Med. Nevertheless, it gets the job done..sort of. I will explain that bit later. For the most part, this can hold roughly one and a half cups of water and it costs $20 plus tax.

First of all, I have to take extra caution while using this Neti Pot. Since the material is plastic more or less, it will bend out of shape if you put water that is too hot into this pot. The temperature of the water has to be just right. It has to be warm enough so that the salt/ saline solution can fully dissolve, but not hot enough to change the overall shape of the pot. I guess this is one of the disadvantages with ...

• not having a Neti Pot made out of glass. I usually just turn on my tap (hot faucet) and let the water run for a minute or two to let the hot water through. Then I just fill the Neti Pot up and then add the saline packet. It takes a while to dissolve, but it really depends on the temperature of the water. Another thing to be aware of is that hot water can burn your skin. If you use boiling water to speed up the dissolving process, make sure not to poor it right away.

I mentioned that it gets the job done, but only sort of. I don’t really like the tip of the Neti Pot. For the Neil Med Naso Flo Neti

Pot, there is a rubber lining on the tip and the tip is much smaller. This makes it easier to use. With this Neti Pot, the tip is thick and sometimes the water will flow backwards. I find that the tip just isn’t exactly user friendly. My suggestion is just to try and use your free hand and stop the water from leaking out. It is going to be a big awkward, but the whole process takes less than a minute so you won’t have to suffer for long. I actually would say don’t get this Neti Pot if there are others present. This one works, but it won’t be very quick and easy. You may have to do a bit of cleaning afterwards because of the spilled water.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414051575530431/k2311a0514/5.14.12