Wicked the Musical
  • I started following it on Facebook and when I heard that it would be in Tempe, AZ, I decided to book seats
  • I was disappointed because I loved the 2nd National Tour’s performance as a cast
  • I stated my dismay on FB and was informed that the 1st National Tour is amazing too
  • Therefore, I looked forward to a similar, yet new experience
  • Wicked is one of the best musicals I have seen

• by Kim Miller

I have been lucky and honored to see Wicked the Musical twice. I saw the 1st National Tour and the 2nd National tour, which gave me the fortune of seeing different actors.

After seeing Wicked the 2nd National Tour in Feb of 2011 at Pope Joy Hall in Albuquerque, NM, I knew that I wanted to see the musical again. I started following it on Facebook and when I heard that it would be in Tempe, AZ, I decided to book seats. When I saw Wicked in Albuquerque, we did not have real good seats so I decided that the next time I saw the play I wanted good seats. I booked orchestra seats

for the Feb. 2012 show. I was looking forward to seeing Anne Brummel as Elphaba again. However, I was informed that I would be seeing the 1st National Tour. I was disappointed because I loved the 2nd National Tour’s performance as a cast. I stated my dismay on FB and was informed that the 1st National Tour is amazing too. Therefore, I looked forward to a similar, yet new experience.

Wicked is an amazing story about the Witches of Oz. It is a heartfelt story of how the Wicked Witch of the West came to be Wicked. It is a very well written play with an amazing musical score. The special effects and ...

• scenery are amazing as well.

The 2nd National Tour was fabulous. The cast did a spectacular job telling the story of the Witches of Oz. I was so impressed with the acting and singing ability of the actors. Anne Brummel made me care a lot about Elphaba and when she sang Defying Gravity, it sent chills down my spine. The special effects and vocals during that song were magical! The actors did a great job with the comical portions of the play. I was totally immersed in the whole show.

The 1st National Tour was as amazing as the first. I did not think I could enjoy it as much as I did

the first time but I did. Having seats in the fourth row, we could see the expressions of each character, which made it even more special. I believe that the set was a bit more spectacular for the 2nd national tour. All of the actors did a great job. They were funny, sweet, and touching. Mamie Paris was excellent as Elphaba and has a beautiful voice. I got chills when she sang Defying Gravity too. The whole show was amazing.

Wicked is one of the best musicals I have seen. The story is touching and funny, the set is spectacular, the acting is amazing and the singing is beautiful. I hope to see it again soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3214051575520431/k2311a0514/5.14.12