Blood Diamond (2006 film)  » Movies  »
  • What I noticed and I realized to be of great support to the positive feeling of the movie, despite its heart-breaking ending is the fact that its story does complete justice to the characters

• by Svetozar

We have all heard about Africa, we have seen reports on the news, but we have never experienced it as directly and as strongly from the screen as we do with Edward Zwick’s new visually and emotionally competent epic adventure drama film Blood Diamond. Danny Archer (Leonardo Di Caprio) is a blood diamond smuggler in Sierra Leone whose deal goes bad and his chief in command tells him to get a diamond in order to pay for his failure. Solomon Vandy is a native whose home and family are wrecked

apart buy the murderous rebelling RUF.

In the mining fields he finds a diamond of abnormal size. It is after this diamond that Danny Archer will go with the help of the beautiful reporter Maddy Boen.

I find the film very gripping, involving and light paced-it is a true cinematic pleasure to watch. The scenes of Africa’s brutality got me sincerely involved in the horrifying fate of its people.

Without doubt the most striking with their realism scenes are those of the child soldiers and their transformation to murderers. Regardless, this film however offered me two times as much as heart-touching content than shocking.

It is a movie consisting of the partnership between Danny and Solomon, Africa’s terrors, Africa’s landscape beauty and the emotionally involving scenes of reconciliation and farewell between the main characters, the last of which is my personal favorite ingredient of this film. Solomon making his son to remember his connection with his daddy and forgetting the terrors he has experienced, Danny letting go of greed and sacrificing himself are enough to make this film great for me.

These are ...

• Blood Diamond (2006 film)
      perfectly acted, wonderfully directed moments which reveal in this great, harsh continent of bloodshed and pain the purest of human interactions. Leonardo Di Caprio’s performance is majestic, completely devoted.

Djimon Hounsou (Solomon) fills the shoes of his character as equally convincingly contributing greatly for my full devotion to the most touching scenes in this motion picture. What I noticed and I realized to be of great support to the positive feeling of the movie, despite its heart-breaking ending is the fact that its story does complete justice to the characters.

Solomon Vandy, a

pure hearted man is incredibly lucky, whereas the cheating, elusive Danny Archer is not at all supported by fate. The fact remains that Archer’s character development is the finest addition to the movie-it is the main reserve of my emotional involvement in Zwick’s film.

This film shows Africa to me as it is-a world of pain, filled with enough beautiful things, worth fighting for. If I don’t get the chance to go there, Blood Diamond will surely leave a good and comprehensive impression for it in my heart.

8/10 for this fascinating tale of Africa.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114051574650231/k2311a054/5.4.12