Babel (2007 film)  » Movies  »
  • What I found innately heart-gripping and spectacular in Babel is the whole range of characters all over the world and most importantly the way they struggle with their overwhelming challenges and problems
  • I love the film not simply because of its sheer simplicity and the tremendous portions of emotion that attack me one after the other

• by Svetozar

Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu is a director of real life, concentrating on characters and their usual, yet heartbreaking, devastating problems. He is an artist that paints with grief, melancholia and tragedy, wrapping it all in romance. Babel is his most exceptional human tale.

A Japanese father of a daughter distraught by loneliness sells a rifle to a Morocco goatherder, the two sons of who acquire it and shoot at a bus to play. They hit an

American woman (Kate Blanchet) and her husband (Brad Pitt) starts a desperate struggle for her life, cut off from civilization at a deserted, lonely, hostile place.

What I found innately heart-gripping and spectacular in Babel is the whole range of characters all over the world and most importantly the way they struggle with their overwhelming challenges and problems. Inarritu is like a photographer of emotion.

The opening of the film might simply acquaint us with the characters and their troubles but as fate grips all of them by the throat, I can immediately sense the ever-ascending flow of sympathy. They are perfectly humane and I immediately get attached to everything happening around and inside of them.

I love the film not simply because of its sheer simplicity and the tremendous portions of emotion that attack me one after the other. The Academy Award winning music of the film by Gustavo Sanatolia is mesmerizing ...

• Babel (2007 film)
      and spellbinding, it is so good that I felt like it doubled the emotional potency of the film.

The writing is simple, the direction is simple, the story moves almost too slowly but everything overally is so undeniably powerful-a one hundred percent proof for me of how great Alejandro Gonzales as a director is. A film stating to us that no matter how rich, how happy, how heart-broken and in how big an abyss you

are, struggling with life never ever ceases because the world is chaos and no individual is stronger than the world.

I adore the nostalgic, sad feeling of the film, hinting hopes at me, yet never allowing me to believe that the world will forgive any moment of wrongful action on my behalf. It is a film that reminds me how scary and yet romantic place the world is.

9/10 for this wonderful emotional film the only problem of which is its slow pace.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114051574640231/k2311a054/5.4.12