Assured All Day Pain Relieving Anti-Inflammatory Tablets by Dollar General  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • They cost only a dollar ($1.00) for a bottle of fifteen tablets so I decided to go ahead and purchase these tablets
  • I took one when I got home and noticed how much like Aleve Tablets they looked
  • I was happy to see this as I am a fan of Aleve and take it with a good deal regularity
  • I think that I really prefer Aleve as it works a little quicker and does a better job and reducing the swelling
  • Aleve is definitely more expensive but it does not take as much to get in my system at only about two doses whereas it took this Assured product almost two days of taking the maximum suggested dose before I felt any relief

• by victoria

Due to injuries when I was a little younger I have some mild arthritis in my hands and knees. Usually it does not bother me at all but every now and then the arthritis in my hands starts to flare up from a lot of typing or use at work and it becomes necessary to take some sort of pain killer. I happened to be in Dollar General not too long ago and I saw Assured All-Day Pain Relieving and Anti-Inflammatory Tablets. They cost only a dollar ($1.00) for a bottle of fifteen tablets so I decided to go ahead and purchase these tablets. I took one when I got home and noticed how much like Aleve Tablets they looked. It was then that I noticed that box advertised to have the

same ingredients as that of Aleve. I was happy to see this as I am a fan of Aleve and take it with a good deal regularity; plus this let me know that this medication was one that needs to build up in my system before it provides any real relief just like Aleve does.

I have to say that knowing what to expect went along way into helping my patience with this product. I knew that I would not see any results the first time that I took it because for some reason medicines like this and Aleve seem to have to build up in my system before I feel any real relief. I took one tablet every eight hours until I had taken about three doses (which is the maximum suggested dose ...

• of three tablets in twenty-four hours) and then I started to feel a good amount of relief. I continued to take the product the next day and I noticed that gradually the swelling in my fingers went away and I could move them better and with no pain.

I did have a side effect of mild insomnia which was fixed with two mugs of hot “sleepy-time” herbal tea so the side effects were not that big of an inconvenience. Overall, for the price it is an okay medicine. I think that I really prefer Aleve as it works a little quicker and does a better job and reducing the swelling. Aleve is definitely more expensive but it does not take as much to get in my system at only about

two doses whereas it took this Assured product almost two days of taking the maximum suggested dose before I felt any relief.

I would suggest this product to those who are looking for a cheaper alternative to Aleve and who do not have a high level of pain. While this medicine does provide relief for mild arthritis pain it takes a long time to get into the system and I do not think this particular product would be up to the challenge of moderate to severe arthritis pain. I still like Aleve a lot better and will continue to take it regardless of the fact is greatly more expensive then this product because I feel like Aleve provides relief suitable to its cost. I give this particular product a five out of ten (5 of 10).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262051574470531/k2311a052/5.2.12