Jessica McClintock Eau de Parfum Spray  » Perfume  »
1.0
  • I decided to purchase a bottle of Jessica McClintock perfume because of all of the great reviews I came across online
  • After doing a little searching online, I found what I thought would be a great new scent, Jessica McClintock Eau de Parfum Spray
  • I found a 1.7 fluid ounce bottle at Ross for only $19.99
  • I learned a very valuable lesson - never buy perfume without trying it on yourself first
  • But, the best part of the design is the cap

• by Sandra Knasiak

I decided to purchase a bottle of Jessica McClintock perfume because of all of the great reviews I came across online. I had run out of my perfume a fews days earlier and needed to replace it as soon as possible. Since I had been wearing the same fragrance for a few years, I decided that it was time to try something new. After doing a little searching online, I found what I thought would be a great new scent, Jessica McClintock Eau de Parfum Spray.

Described on Amazon as, “a flowery blend of flowery aromas with citrus notes of lemon, along with basil, white rose, and white jasmine,” this fragrance sounded perfect

for me. Also, I liked that it is recommended for daytime use, which made me think it wouldn’t be too intense.

I found a 1.7 fluid ounce bottle at Ross for only $19.99. Because of the low price, I did not particularly mind that I could not test out the scent before purchasing it. (Ross keeps their perfume bottles in locked cases that the cashier removes at checkout.) Boy, what a mistake that was. I learned a very valuable lesson - never buy perfume without trying it on yourself first!

The one and only thing I like about this perfume is the design of the bottle. It is a simple, square-shaped ...

• glass bottle with Jessica McClintock’s name and logo etched on the front in white. But, the best part of the design is the cap. It is simply gorgeous! It’s cream colored with beautiful, three dimensional scroll designs all over it. Even if it didn’t smell good on me, it would look lovely on my vanity.

Previous reviewers described the scent as clean and fresh, two qualities that I usually look for in a perfume. However, the aroma was much too strong to me to be considered ‘fresh and clean’. As soon as I lifted off the cap and waved the bottle in front of my nose, I could tell that it was not

for me. The intensity of the fragrance was simply too overpowering. Also, I had a difficult time identifying the individual scents as they all seemed to blend together. My fiancee also expressed his dislike for the smell, citing its robust and overpowering scent. Bottom line, this fragrance is simply not sweet or subtle enough for me. I might like it more if I could smell more of the citrusy, lemon notes.

If you prefer soft scents, as I do, you will probably not like this fragrance. However, if you enjoy a strong, overpowering, flowery fragrance that is not sweet, then Jessica McClintock Eau de Parfum Spray is the perfume for you!

Jessica McClintock Eau de Parfum Spray

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 562051574340431/k2311a052/5.2.12