DeltaCrypt DUSK-HOME  » Software  »
0.5
  • I paid $5 for 3 licenses because it is much cheaper than their $1.99 for 1 license and I thought it would work nicely with all three of my flash drives
  • This isn't a big issue and I can live with it
  • I had to agree on their terms and then the installation started
  • From here, I had the feeling that this software may not be the best
  • The problem with this is that it takes a long time for larger files so it is definitely a problem

• by MisterTickle

I got the DeltaCrypt DUSK-HOME USB encryption edition mainly because it is cheap and the features listed are suitable and I need them. However, after getting it, it is a big mistake. This software is terrible in so many ways actually.

Before I get there, let me give you an overview of what this software does. DeltaCrypt is the company and they offer a mobile encryption storage solution. In other words, they have a software that get be put right on my flash drive. This software can be launched and I use it to encrypt whatever files I want or need. The concept is simple enough, but not worth it. I paid $5 for 3 licenses because it is much cheaper than their $1.99 for 1 license and I thought it would work nicely with all three of my flash drives.

Here is my first difficulty. After paying, I received the download via email. The file is compressed. After downloading it, I

extracted the contents and the setup software and a multi-product user manual. When I say multi-product, I mean their user manual has all the information for all of their products. They don’t have a specialized manual just for one software. This isn’t a big issue and I can live with it. The real issue is the actual software itself.

I plugged in my first flash drive and started the set up software. I had to agree on their terms and then the installation started. Halfway through the installation, I was told that the drive had to be empty. I find this inconvenient because I have quite a bit of data. I’m not doing a partition so I don’t see why the drive had to be empty. Nevertheless, I emptied it. I copied and pasted all my files to my desktop and started the installation again. After it was done, I opened up the folder to my flash drive and found a software that ...

• can be launched. It looks like that it has been extracted. From here, I had the feeling that this software may not be the best. I find that this software is poorly built. The set up process is very limiting. I was not able to choose where to install the application. Not only that, why do I have to remove all the contents of my flash drive?

I continued using it and opened up the application. I dragged and dropped my original data from my desktop to the DUSK menu to be encrypted. 1GB of data took roughly 5 minutes to get encrypted and completed. Since I had several GBs, I just dumped them all in after the first GB was successful. This is where I ran into my second problem. During the process of copying another 4GB of data to the DUSK menu, the software froze on me. It was not responding. I waited and waited for it to respond because

I was afraid of file corruption. I looked at the memory usage in my task manager and I see that only 10 K is in use. To me, this shouldn’t cause this software to become unresponsive. My computer has 4GB memory in and I wasn’t running any heavy stuff so I don’t see why the software became unresponsive. In the end, I simply killed the process and tried again. After the file copying was completed, I noticed that the original file on disk is not erased. This means that I have to manually delete the other file. The problem with this is that it takes a long time for larger files so it is definitely a problem.

This software is really not user friendly. The menu is easy to use, but the it has some design problems that will make the user’s life difficult, which is mine in this case. This software is poorly built and is simply not worth spending $1.99 for it.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3030041574120130/k2311a0430/4.30.12