Net 10 Bring Your Own Phone Sim Program
  • I paid $14.99 online at the company's website for an ATT branded sim card that came with free three day shipping
  • I choose Net 10 because I like the flexibility of not having to go to Wal-Mart to purchase my prepaid cards (I normally use CallingMart
  • I was able to change the APN settings on my phone without assistance but I ultimately called customer service to help me with a minor issue that I encountered during the set up process
  • Unfortunately, my old phone is considered inactive now and I lost the minutes and service days that were on it during the activation process
  • I usually only have to pay about $46 a month after discounts so I would highly recommend this service to others

• by Simply_Fabulous

It was in February 2012 when Net 10 launched this program. I have been a Net 10 customer for several months so I was very excited about the possibility of being able to use a non-Net 10 branded phone with my service. I paid $14.99 online at the company’s website for an ATT branded sim card that came with free three day shipping. The following review details the positives and negatives that I have experienced so far.

There are a few things that I want to share before I begin my review. The first one is that a similar program is also available on Straight Talk prepaid. I choose Net 10 because I like the flexibility of not having to go to Wal-Mart to purchase my prepaid cards (I normally use CallingMart.com which frequently offers special discounts and their cards are sales tax free). Even though

the sim program states you can bring your own phone, there are a few restrictions like it can’t be a Net 10, Tracfone, Blackberry, or Safelink phone. You can genuinely use any unlocked GSM, ATT, or T Mobile phone (including IPhones) as long as it can be used on the frequencies that are stated on Net 10’s website. The only prepaid monthly plan that can be used with the sim is the $50 Unlimited Plan.

It took about three days for me to receive my sim in the mail. Setting it up was relatively easy but I will forewarn anyone considering using this program that you have to have a plan card with you when you are activating your phone. I ended up transferring my number from the phone that I already had to the sim card. I was able to change the APN settings on my ...

• phone without assistance but I ultimately called customer service to help me with a minor issue that I encountered during the set up process. Surprisingly, the customer service person who I talked to was both friendly and helpful and I was able to use my phone without a few hours. Unfortunately, my old phone is considered inactive now and I lost the minutes and service days that were on it during the activation process.

The service that I have had has been great so far. I receive text messages on my phone whenever my service end date is approaching. I thought I would have a problem accessing my voice mail, but I am able to be connected with it through a prompt on my phone whenever someone leaves me a voice mail. I also saved the voice mail phone number in my phone in case I need

to directly dial it.

The only drawback I have found refers to the data aspect of the phone. I have read numerous complaints about people using too much data and having their phone cut off, thus losing their number as well. I ended up download a data usage app and so far I have not experienced any problems or received any warnings. I mostly use the Opera Mini web browser which helps me to save data and I have not exceeded 1 GB of data each month even though I frequently browse the internet and watch videos.

Overall I find that this program offers a great value. I am able to access ATT postpaid network coverage (and data speeds) with the flexibility of a prepaid plan. I usually only have to pay about $46 a month after discounts so I would highly recommend this service to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2230041574080130/k2311a0430/4.30.12