Dollar General Assured Pain Relieving Hot Patches  » Medicine  »
  • They wrapped tightly around my knee so I was able to walk around without much issue
  • At first I thought that my skin had just gotten used to the temperature of the patches but the patches just kept getting cooler
  • It is true that they are not the best patches around and they don’t last very long but they price is so good that it almost makes up for it
  • Additionally, I would recommend this for those who do not particularly like using creams or ointments

• by victoria

I played a lot of volleyball and basketball in high school and even in college so I have had my share of injuries and while most of them were minor there were a few that left me with a little arthritis from time to time. It tends to range in intensity from very mild to moderate and my doctors have suggested that I use hot patches to keep the swelling and pain to a minimum especially around my knees. I have used various brands but I saw this particular product in my local Dollar General Store for one dollar ($1.00 US) for a box of two (2) pain relieving patches and I just could not pass up that

kind of deal.

I used the product a few times and for the most part I am pretty happy with this product. The patches got warm pretty quickly and they did a good job of keeping the swelling and inflammation down. I have found that these are the most helpful when the weather gets nasty and my knees start to really ache badly. The heat from the product relaxes the muscles and tendons and with the help of a few Advil or Tylenol I can move without much pain at all. They wrapped tightly around my knee so I was able to walk around without much issue. I did have an issue with this ...

• product in that the patches do not stay warm very long at all. I only had the patch on my knee for about an hour and it started to get cold. At first I thought that my skin had just gotten used to the temperature of the patches but the patches just kept getting cooler. I realized that I would have to replace the patch about every hour and a half or so.

Overall, this was not a bad product. It is true that they are not the best patches around and they don’t last very long but they price is so good that it almost makes up for it. I have a box of

these patches at home for minor aches and pains and for use when I am out of the more expensive ThermaCare Heat Patches that I use for more severe pain. Additionally, I would recommend this for those who do not particularly like using creams or ointments. The patches stay in place for a long time and do not require you to wash your hands after application. They have no harsh smells or greasy residues to contend with and you can where them under your clothes without worrying if others will notice. I give this product a six out of ten (6 of 10) because they do work well for some applications and are a great price.

Dominick J Citera says :

Where are assured brand products made?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2626041573830130/k2311a0426/4.26.12