Creative Labs D100 Portable Bluetooth Speakers
  • I purchased the black color Creative Labs portable speaker system as I like it better than the other colors options
  • I find the only problem with this is that the Bluetooth can be very weak and doesn't want to connect
  • This isn't as apparent with my laptop because my laptop is connected to a power supply most of the time so that isn't an issue
  • Lastly, I wouldn't say the sound quality is amazing
  • It is no pleasant and definitely not for professional use

• by MisterTickle

This product caught my eye mainly because it has Bluetooth. My current speakers requires a dock or auxiliary cord which I find inconvenient. The Bluetooth option actually simplifies things a lot and they work very well with multiple devices. I will touch upon this later.

I purchased the black color Creative Labs portable speaker system as I like it better than the other colors options. The other colors are green, pink, and blue. I didn’t like them very much so I got black. In the box, I just found a power adapter, a manual, and the speaker itself. This is basically just all that contains in the box. This speaker set does come with battery power option, but the batteries are not included. Since I don’t need to carry this speaker outside or on the go, I didn’t get any AA batteries. By the way, this speaker system needs four

AA batteries. They are inserted on the bottom so it is out of sight. I am currently powering the speaker from the power adapter that came with it and it is working well.

I have this speaker system near my desk, beside my computer. My main purpose is so I can use these speakers and not my laptop’s built-in ones. Not only that, it is also a good location so I can use the speakers with my iPod if I am not using it with my laptop. This way, it serves more than one purpose at once. What’s especially great about this is that I can go fully cable free.

Before, with another speaker system, I had to use an auxiliary input port if I wanted to connect devices. The worst part was that the cord wasn’t included so I had to purchase it elsewhere. It means more inconvenience for ...

• me. Now, I just use Bluetooth all the way. I simply turn on the Bluetooth on my device and then try to connect with the speaker system. I find the only problem with this is that the Bluetooth can be very weak and doesn’t want to connect. I have to reset it and try a minute later. This usually doesn’t happen, but when it does, it does take a while to connect it. The connection isn’t the greatest and it does take some time. I guess this is probably the only benefit with the cord itself. With a cord, I can just plug it into the headphone jack and I’m ready to go.

Also, I find that the Bluetooth is quite a battery drain. My iPod isn’t able to last nearly as long as before. I guess this is a problem with the constant Bluetooth connection. There is no

way around this. This isn’t as apparent with my laptop because my laptop is connected to a power supply most of the time so that isn’t an issue. It is an issue with my iPod though and that is a bit of a disappointment.

Lastly, I wouldn’t say the sound quality is amazing. The sound quality is decent. It works well, but not for professional purposes. I use these speakers when I am on YouTube. Sometimes, some videos do not have the greatest sound quality. They then become very apparent with these speakers. They are the greatest to be honest. If I turn the volume up a bit too high, I also notice static. It is no pleasant and definitely not for professional use. For hanging out with friends or for having an outdoor party, this speaker system works great as long as the volume isn’t turned up too high.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623041573701230/k2311a0423/4.23.12