Yves Rocher Organic Raspberry Shower Gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • My most recent acquisition being a bottle of their Organic Raspberry variety, within a single use I was hooked and I think it's just become my current favorite shower gel
  • I love fruity fragrances when it comes to body products, but prefer them to be candied rather than too fresh smelling

• by roundabout

I have only recently become an Yves Rocher convert, but already am finding myself completely in love with their range of shower gels. My most recent acquisition being a bottle of their Organic Raspberry variety, within a single use I was hooked and I think it’s just become my current favorite shower gel.

I love fruity fragrances when it comes to body products, but prefer them to be candied rather than too fresh smelling. Oh, I adore the smell of fresh fruit too, but it’s so often badly done when it comes to shower gels and has bitter undertones. I wasn’t sure what to expect from this one actually, although having loved the Organic Vanilla from the same range I had an inkling it would be good.

I was

right too!  The fragrance of this shower gel is very much fresh raspberry, it manages to smell pretty much how the fruit tastes and hasn’t been overdone with sweeter notes. I suspect the fragrance has been artificially sweetened, but my nose can’t detect it and to me it smells of perfect fresh raspberries with the tart edge that comes naturally to the fruit. My only criticism regarding this shower gel is the fact that this lovely fragrance doesn’t linger on my skin for long after I’ve dried myself, it’s deliciously moisturising so I have no need to apply a body lotion afterwards and I’m glad of this as I’m certain even a lightly scented moisturiser would destroy the delicate scent of the raspberries.

You only need a small amount ...

• of shower gel to cleanse yourself, the key is to ensure that the sponge and your skin are very wet before beginning to lather up. This helps you to create a decent layer of bubbles across your skin, these bubbles being super soft and very luxurious to wash with.  I personally think this is one of the nicest shower gels I’ve used, the only problem I’ve had being that the gel is very runny so at the beginning I would accidentally dispense too much and end up ‘wasting’ it.

After washing my skin feels incredibly clean and soft, it moisturises as well as any creamier shower gel and means I’m not required to use a separate moisturiser afterwards. I love the smooth texture my skin has after using this

shower gel, I’m convinced it makes my skin look healthier and more youthful compared to when I use another (less impressive) shower gel. It rinses off easily and doesn’t leave any stickiness or tacky sensations on my skin.  As I’ve already mentioned, as the bubbles are rinsed away so is the beautiful fragrance - although I’m less annoyed by this thanks to the fact that I feel so genuinely refreshed after inhaling the stunning raspberry aroma whilst showering.

I’ve used several Yves Rocher shower gels since discovering the range and have been highly impressed with all of them, this one noses slightly ahead in my list of favorites however as it’s one of the nicest smelling ‘natural’ fruit fragrances I’ve ever come across.  I will DEFINITELY purchase again, an extremely impressive product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123041573631130/k2311a0423/4.23.12