NordicWare Spring Celebration Cookie Cutter Plaque  » Housewares  »
  • I bought this cookie cutter recently, this year is the first time my four year old has been interested in Easter so I decided to put a little buffet tea out on Easter Sunday with lots of egg and bunny related goodies
  • My favourite two (I can't choose just one

• by roundabout

I bought this cookie cutter recently, this year is the first time my four year old has been interested in Easter so I decided to put a little buffet tea out on Easter Sunday with lots of egg and bunny related goodies. I’d seen Easter egg cookie cutters before but couldn’t find any I particularly liked, eventually discovering this clever cutter on the NordicWare website - I surprised myself by not checking there first actually as NordicWare is my absolute favorite kitchenware brand.

The plastic cookie cutter holds eight different cookie designs in one implement, four on the front and four on the back. This is excellent as cookie cutters get EVERYWHERE, I hate to think how many of the loose ones I’ve lost over the years - having them all

embedded onto a larger ‘board’ is perfect as I can simply pop it into a drawer or even slide it among my cookbooks when I’m really stuck for space.  It’s been arranged well; on one side are four Spring cookie shapes with a couple of flowers, a bee and butterfly depicted, while on the Easter side there’s an Easter bunny, a decorated egg, sweet little chick and basket full of eggs.  As you have little choice other than to use the four cutters together (unless you want to contort yourself attempting to use a corner at a time!) it’s sensible that they’ve kept the specific Easter shapes separate.

The cookie cutter is lovely to use, the sharp edge of the cutting area helps it glide through dough or pastry with barely ...

• any resistance. You have to remember to press down firmly in the centre of the cutter plaque to ensure the cookies are cut properly - although the cutter has two small handles these are mainly for positioning and lifting it, you still need to apply pressure all over to get a clean cut.

The detailing is done well too - the only biscuit that never looks very good is the basket of eggs as there’s too much fine detail, when the cookies rise in the oven the detail becomes very blurry. My favourite two (I can’t choose just one!) are the chick from the Easter side and the bumble bee from the Spring selection - both of these are so well defined after baking and look incredibly sweet whether I decorate

them or not.  You can have some fun with the Easter egg as it’s been only lightly decorated; some icing pens and a selection of all of these cookies will keep kids entertained on wet Spring days, but the very best for this is the decent sized egg. The only downside to using this plaque is that you’re committing yourself to different shaped cookies, it would be nice to have pure Easter egg or tulip cookies but you have to resign yourself to also having your non-favorites on the cookie plate.

NordicWare have definitely created a winner here, priced at just $5.50 I’ve since stocked up on other varieties of the Cookie Cutter Plaque and they’re all equally brilliant - I’m actually looking forward to seeing if they bring a Christmas design out already!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323041573621130/k2311a0423/4.23.12