Spring Valley St. John’s Wort 300 Mg
  • Although my overall experience taking the medication was positive, I did not like the fact that the medication was so expensive (considering the fact that I do not have medical insurance), addictive, and has side effects that can result from long term use
  • I was prescribed a low dosage of the medication and I found myself “numbed” from day to day life
  • After talking to my doctor, I decided to wean myself from the prescription medication while also opting for a more natural alternative- St. John’s Wort
  • In my opinion, this product has been wonderful for me

• by Simply_Fabulous

I purchased this product about three weeks ago from Wal-Mart for less than $5. A few months ago I suffered a traumatic event that rendered me unable to function due to anxiety and depression. My doctor prescribed me three separate medications- one of which was Zoloft. Although my overall experience taking the medication was positive, I did not like the fact that the medication was so expensive (considering the fact that I do not have medical insurance), addictive, and has side effects that can result from long term use. I was prescribed a low dosage of the medication and I found myself “numbed”

from day to day life.

After talking to my doctor, I decided to wean myself from the prescription medication while also opting for a more natural alternative- St. John’s Wort.

Before I started taking this product, I did a lot of research about it in medical journals and etc. Like other supplements, the medical opinion on this product is mixed although short term studies have proven this supplement to be effective short term in the treatment of mild to moderate depression. As a result, I will write this review solely based on my own personal experience.

In my opinion, this product has been wonderful ...

• for me. Similar to Zoloft, it is supposed to affect Serotonin levels in the brain. Two pills in this bottle equate to one serving and the directions state to take it three times a day. Initially I only took the product twice a day because I was unsure how it would affect my body and whether I would experience any negative side effects. It took me almost a week of consistent use before I witnessed a noticeable difference. I have been taking it now for almost a month and I feel like my overall mood and well-being have been improved.
        I am able to function in everyday life without the harmful side effects of Zoloft.

The main thing that I would forewarn anyone considering purchasing this product is that it is not a miracle supplement. I use it in conjunction with other relaxation techniques. I read and study my Bible every day and pray which have also been a significant help to me. So far I have not noticed any negative side effects from St. John’s Wort although I do not feel that I have been taking it long enough to experience the full effects.

Based on my experience, I would rate this product a 10 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423041573571130/k2311a0423/4.23.12