Muse EDT by Oriflame
  • The bottle is made from a deep purple coloured glass that makes the features of the flowering bud stand out even more and I think it is an extremely clever design and very aesthetically pleasing to look at reminding me more of a piece of artwork than a perfume bottle
  • The opening notes of pink pepper are quite hot - fiery almost - and half took my breath away before melting away to leave a much lighter fragrance which I believe to be the green leaves

• by Tick Tock

I have to say hat even though I was vaguely aware of the Oriflame brand it is only recently that I have come across one of their fragrances which was when I received a bottle of their perfume as a Birthday gift a while ago. I had never really had a vested interest in the brand as for some reason the name just never appealed so I wasn’t sure what to think when I received a bottle of Muse EDT..

Firstly I have to start off by saying the flacon is simply stunning. I work in a perfume store part time so see some beautifully designed bottles but this is really something else, being in the style of a stem with an opening flower perched on top. The bottle is made from a

deep purple coloured glass that makes the features of the flowering bud stand out even more and I think it is an extremely clever design and very aesthetically pleasing to look at reminding me more of a piece of artwork than a perfume bottle.

The fragrance itself is described as evoking memories of a fresh, light and magical Spring air which to be very honest when I heard this it completely won me over.

The composition itself is a magical affair made up of the following notes:

Top notes: *Pink pepper *Bergamot *Fresh green leaves

Heart notes: *Violet *Lilac bouquet *Dewy rose

Base notes: *Sandalwood *Cedar *White musk

Muse is just available as an Eau de Toilette and was released in 2011 making it a relatively new fragrance, so what are my thoughts on wearing it?

Well even though as mentioned

I do work in a perfume store it is still nice to receive bottles of any fragrance for birthdays or special occasions as I am an avid collector particularly if it’s something unusual or lesser known. I am aware that Oriflame is a popular brand but it is quite hard to come by making it seem more elusive and I was really intrigued when I unwrapped my gift to see this beautiful bottle in front of me. On spritzing this on to my pulse points I was instantly in love as it was so not what I had initially expected it to come across as.

I expected this to be very heavy on the floral front and as I’m not a huge fan of floral based fragrances I did wonder if it would ...

• Muse EDT by Oriflame
      be too sickly but what I was greeted with was the complete opposite. The opening notes of pink pepper are quite hot - fiery almost - and half took my breath away before melting away to leave a much lighter fragrance which I believe to be the green leaves. Mingled in amongst was the bergamot which added a deeper and muskier feel before fading where we head towards the heart.

The heart notes are much lighter and are heavier on the floral bouquet than I would normally like but luckily for me the most domineering note here is the dewy rose. Being a fan of anything rose scented I was pleased this lightened the fragrance giving it a romantic vibe that carried on throughout the dry down.

The base notes turn the fragrance

deeper and slightly headier with the sandalwood being the most obvious lightened slightly by the sweeter white musk. I couldn’t really make out the cedar at any time but it wasn’t missed as the whole perfume is like a puzzle that falls neatly into place once wearing it.

I absolutely adore this EDT and have worn it on many occasions where even complete strangers have complimented my choice of perfume which I always think is wonderful when that happens. It has fantastic longevity and on applying a small amount to my skin it is noticeable for at least 6 hours before fading slightly. I would say there is no age restrictions on this wonderful scent as it would suit most women and most occasions though I tend to use primarily on an evening as that is simply my preference.

A stunning fragrance that comes highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5623041573421130/k2311a0423/4.23.12