Yves Rocher Organic Vanilla Shower Gel  » Cosmetics  »
  • The lather is soft and feels gorgeously luxurious on my skin, it's not a terribly thick layer of bubbles but feels so light that I think extra foam would spoil the effect

• by roundabout

I adore the smell of vanilla, it’s so feminine and comforting that it really is (to me) the nicest smell going. I’ve used lots of vanilla bath and body products but have never been as thrilled with the fragrances as I am when, say, I burn a vanilla candle. Recently however I tried Yves Rocher Organic Vanilla Shower Gel and have instantly fallen in love with it.

The fragrance is rich and strong when you sniff the bottle, it’s intensely sweet but smells so concentrated that this is detracted from somewhat by the richness of it.  It actually smelled a little too strong from the bottle and I was worried about how it was going to linger after I’d finished my shower - I needn’t have worried as

it’s the most gorgeous smelling shower gel I’ve ever used!

The shower gel is quite runny so you need to make sure you don’t pour too much out, you don’t need a huge amount to effectively wash your body and even a fairly modest pool of gel on your sponge will give you a beautiful lather to wash with. The lather is soft and feels gorgeously luxurious on my skin, it’s not a terribly thick layer of bubbles but feels so light that I think extra foam would spoil the effect.  The gel feels so nice to use, everything about it is fantastic from the delicious smell to the way my skin feels after showering.

This Organic Vanilla shower gel leaves my skin feeling amazingly clean, not just removing ...

• visible dirt with no fuss at all but also making me FEEL clean deep into my pores. Despite the fact that this is patently a gel, it has an almost creamy feeling as you’re washing which I assume is down to the beautiful lather - this creaminess is like a soap as as I lather it over my body I can feel the moisturising foam sinking into my skin, cleansing as it goes. It all rinses away easily and the only residue is the stunning vanilla fragrance which envelops me for at least an hour after showering.

My skin feels clean, soft and smooth after using this amazing shower gel. I can feel a difference, not least because I find it so moisturising that I don’t need to

use a body moisturiser after showering as my skin feels so alive. I actually think my skin looks younger as it has such a healthy glow, something that doesn’t necessarily always happen when it comes to shower gel effects.

I imagine this 400ml bottle will last me for a reasonably good amount of time considering I don’t have to use much per shower. My only irritation is the fact that the bottle top is free flowing as this can cause some of the shower gel to be wasted if you’re slightly enthusiastic with tipping the bottle, I’d much prefer a squeezy spout to dispense the gel - this would also make it easier when my hands are wet or slippery as it’s one less thing to worry about!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120041573410330/k2311a0420/4.20.12