Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra-Lift Daily Targeted Deep Wrinkle Treatment  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I bought this product because I wanted a retinol product to use on the lines on my forehead and sides of my mouth to go along with the retinol product from a different company (Roc) that I use on my eyes
  • I do recommend it, but do a patch test first or you may wind up with itchy ugly bumps on your face

• by sharms

I bought this product because I wanted a retinol product to use on the lines on my forehead and sides of my mouth to go along with the retinol product from a different company (Roc) that I use on my eyes. I am 27 and so don’t really have any deep wrinkles yet, but I have some fine expression lines forming across my forehead and bracketing my mouth. I also have a frown line between my eyebrows that is more pronounced that I particularly wanted to use the Ultra-Lift on.

This product promises both immediate improvement in the appearance of wrinkles as well as long-term wrinkle reduction. It has a pleasant smell, kind

of fruity, that I liked, but it may be a bit strong for some.

It is a nice consistency, not too thick or too thin, that spreads easily and absorbs fairly quickly. It did improve the appearance, decrease the depth, and smooth out my fine lines and the wrinkle between my brows out when I applied it.

This is all good. After a few days, maybe 4 or 5, of using it, I felt that the wrinkles looked better overall, not just when I had just applied it.

Also good. Great, in fact.

HOWEVER, I also started noticing these flesh-colored, rough, slightly itchy patches of little bumps began to appear on ...

• my forehead and around my mouth where I was applying the product! This has happened to me before although it hadn’t for a long time, so I ignored it for a little while, and it began to get worse. Finally I stopped using the Ultra-Lift, applied cortisone to it as I used to do to clear up the mysterious rashy bumpy mess, and the patches went away.

I did not want to give up on the Garnier yet as it was working so well and I still hoped it wasn’t the cause of the rash, so I waited a week or so to make sure the skin condition was completely cleared up,

and started using the Ultra-Lift again, but only on one side of my mouth on the bracket line there. Sure enough, the bumps came back, only in the place I was applying the Ultra-Lift.

Darn. I stopped using it again, used cortisone on it, and it cleared back up.

So, this product works, it does what it says it will do, and I am sure would have continued kicking my wrinkles’ butts. But my skin, sadly, doesn’t tolerate it, though it tolerates other retinol products and other Garnier skin products.

I do recommend it, but do a patch test first or you may wind up with itchy ugly bumps on your face!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120041573370330/k2311a0420/4.20.12