St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I have used St. Ives for years now and I have been impressed with their products
  • St. Ives has an amazing smell and I experienced the same with this product
  • I like that this product highlighted the smell of green tea amidst it has other components
  • This is a product where it is a typically appropriate for those who have prevalent acne problem

• by ibizaspain

It always fascinates me to see products which have natural contents and green tea is one of those which I am so excited to see. Green tea has been so beneficial to me. I have made this a daily ritual to drink it and having it as a source of your beauty regimen is a remarkable idea. It is because it provides anti-aging benefits and it has a high doze of antioxidant contents. I have used St. Ives for years now and I have been impressed with their products. I tried this cleanser because of the main ingredient. The product comes in a pump container and a transparent plastic bottle. The color of the facial wash is green. This is a foamy facial

wash.

One of the thing that really surprises me with St. Ives is its old-fashion formula. This is not a good thing for me. They all have this thick and slippery after effect when you use it. Be it their body wash, their facial products or cleanser– all of these give you hard time rinsing it. This is no different. It gives you that slippery feel in your face right after you lather it. The thing with this kind of formula aside from the inconvenience is it contributes in making your face look oily. Products which lathers more and slippery have high concentration of moisturizers which can make your face look oily. I am not impressed with the product’s formula.

St. Ives has an ...

• amazing smell and I experienced the same with this product. Like what I always adhere to that facial products should not have an annoying smell otherwise it is difficult for us to use it. It is good if the smell is barely noticeable or if it do have some smell, it should be minimal or something likable. I like that this product highlighted the smell of green tea amidst it has other components. There is nothing irritating with this product as regards its smell.

This product is marketed as anti-acne. When you get a product with green tea extracts, it is always anti-aging. There are some benefits of green tea like anti-inflammatory because of its antioxidants but its most potent effect is anti-aging as

it can preserve your cells from wearing out. Green tea alone is not a potent anti-acne source so this product has salicylic acid. This did not really persuade me because I find this ingredient ( salicylic acid ) harsh for my skin. I was hoping that this product has green tea and nothing else.

As a result, the product was too strong on my face. I experienced dryness and slight peel off. It was not really great in my experience. This is a product where it is a typically appropriate for those who have prevalent acne problem. Perhaps its strength is appropriate for this type of skin problems but for everyday use, I do not find this appealing. I was not really happy with this product.

Kyra Patina says :

re : This is a product where it is a typically appropriate for those who have prevalent acne problem
    These products work for me, they are quick to use when I go to work. Now that I have less money to purchase fewer products, I see the advantage of purchasing St. Ives products such as the naturally clear green tea cleanser even more. Those green tea bags are messy to use, and it too easy to burn one’s face or get the herbs inside of the tea bag on the skin. The product in the tube works much more quickly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119041573330230/k2311a0419/4.19.12