Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin Shampoo by L’Oreal
  • As my hair can feel brittle and very dry at times from colouring I was eager to try anything that I thought perhaps could make some impact whether big or small
  • The shampoo made my hair feel instantly smoother even whilst wet and I found that it rinsed away with ease whilst my head was under the shower, there was no having to rinse for what seems like hours like some products
  • I will definitely use this again in the future and would recommend it fully to others

• by Tick Tock

I have been trying to buy cheaper beauty products recently and have been stocking up from the likes of Avon more and more but one thing I wont cut costs with are hair products. I have highlights streaked through my hair on a regular basis and because of this a good quality shampoo is of the utmost importance to me and I have found that L’Oreal rarely lets me down.

When I was recommended Kerastase Nutritive by L’Oreal by a friend recently I was intrigued enough to try it out as it’s supposed to offer complete nutrition for sensitised scalps and dry hair. As my hair can feel

brittle and very dry at times from colouring I was eager to try anything that I thought perhaps could make some impact whether big or small.

Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin comes housed in an upright standing bottle that is an off white/ creamy colour and has a bright orange lid. To be quite honest there is nothing particularly aesthetically pleasing about it’s appearance and it has quite a dull and uninteresting feel and look to it and it’s not a bottle I would instantly notice on the shelves in a shop had I not purposely been searching for it.

On unscrewing the relatively easy to open cap I did notice

an aroma gently wafting out though it is very difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is. To sum it up it has a generic expensive shampoo aroma that smells creamy and fresh though that’s all I’m able to detect from it, it’s not the most attractive fragrance for a shampoo but it’s also not exactly off putting either.

The shampoo itself is quite thick as I expected it to be as the bottle feels very heavy when picked up and for some reason I just assumed the shampoo was very thick and caused it to feel this way. There is a slight transparency to the shampoo and it has a ...

• Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin Shampoo by L'Oreal
      whitish hue with an opaqueness which gives it a shimmery effect.

On pouring some of this thick mixture into the palm of my hand I proceeded to apply this to my already wet hair whilst in the shower. The shampoo does disperse quite well and evenly given that it is so thick, but once mixed with water it becomes far thinner and easier to spread over the hair and onto the scalp. The shampoo lathers up very impressively though there were never any doubts in my mind that it wouldn’t as it just oozed expense and quality from the onset.

The shampoo made my hair feel instantly smoother even whilst wet and I

found that it rinsed away with ease whilst my head was under the shower, there was no having to rinse for what seems like hours like some products.

On drying my hair in the usual way I was pleased that it felt thicker and healthier and had a shine to it that previously wasn’t there. I have used this on many occasions since buying it and not only has my hair felt ultra clean but my scalp feels very healthy too. I used to get patches of dry skin that became itchy and sore but since using this they have disappeared.

I will definitely use this again in the future and would recommend it fully to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117041573130230/k2311a0417/4.17.12