Sanrio Hello Kitty Non-Stick Cake Pan  » Housewares  »
  • My famous chocolate brownie cake tasted as excellent as ever, but unfortunately the cake didn't look so striking as the design didn't stand out well against the dark brown of the chocolate cake
  • You can decorate the cake with frosting but I think you'd need to be fairly artistic to improve on the design you obtain with a naked cake
  • You need to take care with rinsing as I've noticed that this pan holds onto the smell and taste of whatever detergent you're using, you might not even notice until you put it in the oven and the smell starts to permeate the kitchen - then you've wasted all your hard work as who wants to eat a detergent flavoured cake

• by roundabout

When my daughter turned 13 in March she asked for a basic sponge cake, she’s not a fan of frosting or jammy fillings so I set about looking for a decent cake pan that I could use to make her something a bit more basic than usual.  I bought this Hello Kitty cake pan from Amazon where it cost $7.99.

When it arrived I instantly saw that it wasn’t a very big cake pan; too small really for a birthday cake, more of the size you’d use if you were making a cake for the family to share after dinner. I got round this

by making two cakes, a chocolate one and the other a plain vanilla sponge. To give you an idea of the size, the pan itself has a depth of 2″, is 9″ long and 10.5″ wide - there isn’t much of a rim to the pan so this is roughly the size your finished cake will be.

It’s non-stick but I still lightly grease it before use, I’m not sure if this is completely necessary but it puts my mind at rest as if I’ve gone to the trouble of making a cake I don’t want it to take the risk of it sticking to the pan while cooking.

The finished cakes look brilliant, you don’t get an actual Hello Kitty shaped cake because the pan has a curved ‘cloud’ shape but on top of this is a well defined and deep 3D Hello Kitty head complete with bow. The cake pops easily out of the pan and as soon as it’s done you can see how good this rather basic design looks; the features of Hello Kitty are excellent, although best suited to a vanilla or other lightly coloured sponge to emphasise all her facial features. My famous chocolate brownie cake tasted as excellent as ever, but ...

• Sanrio Hello Kitty Non-Stick Cake Pan
      unfortunately the cake didn’t look so striking as the design didn’t stand out well against the dark brown of the chocolate cake. You can decorate the cake with frosting but I think you’d need to be fairly artistic to improve on the design you obtain with a naked cake.

The cake pan is very easy to clean, any drips of cake mixture that have baked onto the edges can be practically brushed away after no more than a dunking in hot soapy water. After you’ve removed the cake from the pan you’ll find there’s hardly anything to clean, this is seriously one of the

easiest cake pans I’ve ever cleaned as any cake residue simply wipes away. You need to take care with rinsing as I’ve noticed that this pan holds onto the smell and taste of whatever detergent you’re using, you might not even notice until you put it in the oven and the smell starts to permeate the kitchen - then you’ve wasted all your hard work as who wants to eat a detergent flavoured cake?!

I recommend this lovely cake pan to anyone with a Hello Kitty fan in the family, for the price I think it’s an absolute bargain and I’m certain mine will get lots more use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315041573020530/k2311a0415/4.15.12