PR Gallery Bunny Collection Stretch Canvas - Bunny Girl
  • It's one of those hanging brackets that has a row of 'teeth' to allow you to compensate for walls that aren't quite straight - this is useful for me as my sons bedroom is artexed on the wall where I wanted to hang the Bunny Girl picture, so I had to use one far end of the hanger to get it up straight

• by roundabout

A friend bought this for my (then) weeks old son - she was on a shopping trip to New York and this was his ‘birth’ gift, along with other similarly themed decorative presents. It’s not the largest piece of wall art, measuring just 9″ high and 7″ wide but the large simple picture helps it to dominate his bedroom.

The canvas is a plain white and in the dead centre is a beautifully sweet bunny; drawn in the Max and Ruby ‘cartoon’ style, the bunny is wearing a green check dress and matching slippers - a bow adorning each ear completes the country-bunny look. Bunny Girl is a golden brown colour, the face has been expertly shaded to give her a slightly pensive look, she has a gorgeously natural rabbit face which looks fantastic against the cartoonish body.

The image is so simplistic, but highly

effective for the seeming lack of detail. There’s no background at all, just Bunny Girl standing almost as tall as the canvas which makes such a childlike painting seem incredibly imposing. It’s patently appealing to young children; we hung it next to our sons cot and from a very early age he would gaze at this Bunny, now (at fifteen months) he has started waving at the picture and trying to interact with it in a way that tells me he feels comforted by such a familiar object.

The canvas itself is obviously of high quality; the frame is straight and the canvas wrapped to a snug finish around it, the overlaps of canvas at the corners are extremely neat and attached securely to the frame. All around the frame is neatly finished off to be honest, there are no loose edges and the canvas ...

• has a uniform tautness that ensures the frame sits true to the wall without any warping or wobble. The top edge of the canvas features a small brass effect hanging bracket, this is centrally placed for ease of straight hanging straight onto a nail. It’s one of those hanging brackets that has a row of ‘teeth’ to allow you to compensate for walls that aren’t quite straight - this is useful for me as my sons bedroom is artexed on the wall where I wanted to hang the Bunny Girl picture, so I had to use one far end of the hanger to get it up straight. I’ve since moved it to a completely flat wall and am using dead on the centre notch so can confirm this is a reliable way of neatly hanging the picture.

I think this is a beautiful and

fairly unusual addition to my sons bedroom, it was a thoughtful gift and when displayed alongside other pictures from the Bunny Collection it looks fantastic. This one does feel very gender specific, and while this is something that doesn’t usually bother me too much I am finding myself preferring the more boyish Bunny Boy print - not because Bunny Girl isn’t gorgeous (she is!) but because I feel my son will relate to the more male one sooner or later. That said, I have absolutely no qualms about leaving this feminine Bunny picture where it is!  As well as in a child’s room I think this picture would hang nicely in a hallway or bathroom, it’s not really the sort of style you’d want in your lounge or dining room but that’s not to say it has to be restricted to the baby’s room.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4613041572950330/k2311a0413/4.13.12