One Night by Debbie Macomber (book)  » Books  »
  • I really enjoyed all the funny and laugh out loud moments

• by Janet

Debbie Macomber has stepped out of her “box” on this book. Forgot the plot line and the story - since when does Debbie give detailed sexual scenes in her stories? Ok, but back to the story. I really did enjoy this book overall. I foudn the plot refreshing but predictable. I read it at a time when I needed to be cheered up and the book did just that. It’s so hard to find a good book with an average plot but great

and continuing humor through out. I love the humor!

Carrie Jamison is a career oriented woman. She has no interest in love, marriage or family. She is a radio personality. Carrie works with Kyle Harris at the same radio station. Kyle absolutely disapproves of Carrie’s methods of doing a radio show. This causes tension and all out fights between the two of them in the workplace. Their boss sends them on a road trip to work it out. Along the way there are fights, mishaps, mystery and eventually a hint of romance. Oh, I almost forgot that they also have an ex-con following them. I really enjoyed all the funny and laugh out loud moments.

My negative to this book was the predictable nature of the plot. A man and woman who fight then fall in love. Happens all the time in books. Too good to be true and opposites attract theroy is involved here. However, in this book, it happends very quick and fast. Seemed ...

• One Night by Debbie Macomber (book)
      unrealistic even for a romance novel. The ending wasn’t that great either. It was anti-climatic for me.

I was shocked by the descriptive sexual scenes in this Macomber book. Usually Macomber implies the sexual scenes. Not this time, so be prepared to blush. This story is your typical classic love story and if you are a true romance novel reader you will enjoy it. It was an easy to read story and goes really fast.

I liked this book because I belkieve in true romance

and friendship. I don’t believe in short term romances and believe this story to be unrealstic and would have liked to see the romance blossom longer or maybe imply somewhere that they have atleast secretly liked each other somewhere along the way.

Something to note about this story. When the couple broke down on the road they did not reach for a cell phone. Cell phones were not widely used when this book was first written.

Definately a wonderful change of pace for Debbie Macomber. You will enjoy it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1713041572920330/k2311a0413/4.13.12