VirtuaWin Virtual Desktops Manager for Windows  » Software  »
  • I like VirtuaWin for a few simple reasons

• by protoboardmx

VirtuaWin is a piece of software that enables the use of multiple virtual desktops on Windows systems. This is a very handy feature that is usually available on all Linux distributions and is also available on Mac OS X (at least since the Leopard release). Windows have never included anything like that but it is a good thing that tools such as VirtuaWin exists. It is free software, that means it is free to download and use.

This software basically let you use multiple desktops on Windows. It adds up to

20 virtual desktops. This is great because you can use different applications across the multiple desktops. My setup is pretty simple. I use only four desktops which is the application’s default and I configured VirtuaWin so I can switch between desktops with the key combination “Alt + left or right arrow”. Since I have VirtuaWin installed on my Windows 7 system my desktop is much more organized. Now I don’t have too many applications visible at the same time, I do have many applications and folders opened but I have ...

• them distributed across the four desktops. I’m sure this isn’t the ultimate virtual desktops manager but I don’t know another alternative for Windows.

I like VirtuaWin for a few simple reasons: - It enables the use of virtual desktops with minimun impact on the systems performance - It is very simple to use and configure - Having multiple desktops provides more space for the user to organize applications and windows

Although I really like VirtuaWin there is room for improvement on a couple of things: it does not have any visual effects

like some desktop managers on Linux do and it is only possible to switch between desktops with the configured key combinations. This isn’t a bad feature by itself, but it would be nice if it was possible to select the desire desktop with a mouse click.

Don’t know how Microsoft has not added anything like this to their operating systems but it is a good thing that there are tools such as this available for free. I’m using this every day at work and now I don’t know how I could use Windows without this feature.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3012041572730230/k2311a0412/4.12.12