Perth Airport Transfer
Perth, Australia
  • To my mind, the immigration is normal, but I am writing about transport problem faced by tourist visitors those expect nobody to pick them up
  • I know this because when returning to the airport from Perth city center we hired a taxi
  • I think that they should extend the route of the public bus 37 to also cover the International Terminal

• by Pusaka

I read some negatives about Perth Airport especially for its immigration long queue. To my mind, the immigration is normal, but I am writing about transport problem faced by tourist visitors those expect nobody to pick them up. I, my wife and my son landed in Perth airport from Bali. It was 4:15 am.

We did plan to spend our full day in Perth but not to stay overnight. In that very evening, we would continue flying to Sydney through the Domestic Terminal. For this, we would rather deposit our luggage in a locker somewhere than brought it with us to the city.

We had two alternatives to choose from, a locker near to the International Terminal or one near to the Domestic Terminal. To take the first alternative we had to use a taxi
      or airport shuttle bus directly from the International Terminal to the city. Taxi fare to the city is approximately Australian $40 (US $44) which is not economical for us.

I know this because when returning to the airport from Perth city center we hired a taxi. Shuttle service tickets, on the other hand, are $15 for one way or $25 return per person. Further, there is a reduction scheme for purchasing multiple tickets.

If the three of us had used this service, we would have paid $55 return. In any way, we had to be back to the International Terminal to collect our luggage and find a way to get to the Domestic Terminal. This means spending extra time and money.

Unlike Perth Domestic Terminal which is served by public bus connecting it to the ...

• city, the International Terminal does not have such a scheme. Choosing the second alternative means that we had to find a transfer service between terminals first as the Domestic Terminal is located far away from the International Terminal and thus unreachable on foot. Free transfer facility between terminals is given only to Qantas ticket holder (starting at 6 am) and within reasonable check-in time.

As we were not entitled to this service, we had only two other options, using payable bus transfer between terminals, or hire a taxi. Payable bus transfer ticket is $8 per person ($24 for three persons, and this is more expensive than the taxi fare for the same distance). At last we decided to hire a taxi for $21 to transfer us to the Domestic Terminal.

Then “TransPerth” public bus route 37 ($3. 80 per person) drove us to the city. If you belong to a group of three people, the cheapest way to leave the International Terminal to the city and back to Domestic Terminal is by taxi for transfer between terminals and then by public bus route 37 to the city and use the same bus back to the Domestic Terminal.

It was a pity that in our case, we could not catch the last bus back to the airport from the city as there was a temporary public bus service cancellation, we therefore took a taxi. You have to find some information on public bus route 37 schedules so as not to miss the bus back to the airport. I think that they should extend the route of the public bus 37 to also cover the International Terminal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3811041572650230/k2311a0411/4.11.12