Debbie Macomber’s ” The Christmas Letter ” book  » Books  »
  • I love Christmas and it is a time of year I really wish lasted a lot longer
  • I find the best way to keep Christmas alive all year round is to read books with Christmas as a theme
  • I really enjoyed this book and admittedly found myself cheering Katherine on throughout the entire book
  • I think that the fact this book was easy to read and kept me enthralled is what I liked about it the most
  • I would definitely suggest this book to anyone who loves a good Christmas story

• by victoria

I love Christmas and it is a time of year I really wish lasted a lot longer. I find the best way to keep Christmas alive all year round is to read books with Christmas as a theme. One book that I particularly enjoy is Debbie Macomber’s “The Christmas Letter”. It is about two people named Katherine O’Conner and Wynn Jefferies who have a chance meeting around Christmas. They begin to fall for each other but there comes a huge stumbling block in their relationship when Wynn denounces

the whole Christmas season as being ridiculous and a leading cause of why children are so spoiled. He flat out refuses to acknowledge that Christmas has any real meaning nor does he accept that Katherine really enjoys it and tries to enforce his view of child rearing and Christmas onto her. Most of the book is filled with Katherine and Wynn battling back and forth about whether or not Christmas is a worthwhile holiday.

I really enjoyed this book and admittedly found myself cheering Katherine on throughout the entire ...

• book. Every time she would score a good point against Wynn and for Christmas I would cheer. Wynn’s attitude really made me mad and I could not put the book down just waiting to see if he ever admitted that he was wrong. I won’t spoil the ending but this book had me laughing and cheering the entire time and I was done with it before I knew what happened.

the most. The plot is not necessarily new as far as fiction goes, but Mrs. Macomber does a great job of adding her own twist to it and making feel new.

I would definitely suggest this book to anyone who loves a good Christmas story. This is one of my favorite books and one that I will read over and over. It reminds me of what Christmas is all about and leaves me longing for Christmas to come again. I give this book a ten out of ten.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 179041572320130/k2311a049/4.9.12