Wrath of the Titans (Movie)  » Movies  »
  • I only saw the 2D version of the movie so cannot comment on any 3D effects, although I imagine they would be pretty amazing, especially during the climax of events
  • He was matched by the female lead character of Andromeda who impressed as the leader of a great army and was more than a match for the boys
  • I think what I liked most about this movie was the emphasis on family

• by Ivylaz

I have been interested in the Greek myths since I was a child so was excited to see this movie, especially as the trailers looked great. Even though they now looked dated I have always loved the classic movie adaptations of these stories with effects by Ray Harryhausen, so Wrath of the Titans had a lot to live up to.

I only saw the 2D version of the movie so cannot comment on any 3D effects, although I imagine they would be pretty amazing, especially during the climax of events. That said, even in 2D the effects were spectacular

and in most part contributed to the overall story and were not just included for the sake of it. I was particularly wowed by the creation of Chronos, spewing molten lava everywhere like a volcano come to life - a truly terrifying prospect.

For anyone without at least a basic knowledge of Greek mythology the plot could be potentially very confusing, especially as events unfold very quickly. The main character of Perseus was well played as a combination of seriousness and strength and importantly intelligence. He was matched by the female lead character of Andromeda who impressed as the leader ...

• of a great army and was more than a match for the boys. In fact she is one of the strongest female characters I have seen in a film for some time, something which could have been promoted more in the trailers. Comedy comes from the character of Aginor who provides some light relief from the gravitas of the Gods, although even they have some fun eventually.

There were some nice little touches in the movie, including a black and beefy Pegasus the winged horse, more usually portrayed as white and gleaming which would have seemed out of place here.

It was a delight to see the robotic owl which featured in the original movies making an (albeit brief) appearance too.

Overall this movie met and exceeded my expectations and I will probably go and see it again. The action is relentless, the effects spectacular and the performances convincing and involving. There is drama, humour and romance as well as the educational element of the mythological background. I think what I liked most about this movie was the emphasis on family. There is a strong focus on relationships between fathers, sons and brothers which makes even the gods seem more human.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119041572101230/k2311a049/4.9.12