Wellness Cat Food  » Pets  »
  • For the first time we were the ones taking care of this animal and we really wanted to do the best job possible
  • Although it was definitely one of the priciest foods on the market, it was also one of the very few that had a reputation for being “healthy” for cats because it does not contain grains, which cats do not need and are added to most foods purely for bulk, not any nutritional reasons
  • This is no longer an issue for us, but it may be for others
  • Other than that, this is an amazing product and I would definitely say that my cat's health and energy are due to Wellness

• by agoobacha

Last summer my boyfriend and I adopted a kitten. Although this was our first kitten together we have both had cats in the past, but mostly as children. For the first time we were the ones taking care of this animal and we really wanted to do the best job possible. Probably the most important thing we considered was what we wanted to feed our kitten. A few years earlier my mother adopted a kitten and although he was rail thin when we got him, after only a few months of eating Eukanuba kitten food he gained a significant amount of weight and was soon overweight and had to be put on

a diet, while still he was still a young kitten! This was pretty shocking considering Eukanuba is a well known brand that is supposed to be higher quality, based on its reputation and its costly price tag. After the cat gained all that weight he never quite lost all of it and was never particularly active after his few months of kittenhood. This time around, I wanted to do my research and make sure that the same mistake was not repeated.

After painstakingly looking through various cat foods and reading many labels, I settled on Wellness cat food. Although it was definitely one of the priciest foods on the market, it was also one of the very few that had a reputation for being “healthy” for cats because it does not contain grains, which cats do not need and are added to most foods purely for bulk, not any nutritional reasons. There on the label the ingredients are clearly listed and I was surprised to find that for once I was familiar with almost every single one! Why? Because they were all fruits, veggies, and meats, nothing strange of questionable in there.

We have been buying Wellness kitten formula for almost a year now and our cat has thrived with it. Not only is he perfectly lean and in great shape, he has tons of ...

• Wellness Cat Food
      energy and executes some pretty impressive jumps. Unlike my mom’s cat he does not get tired after a few minutes of playing but instead can chase his favorite toys for hours. It’s a joy to see and really proves what I already know, that he’s healthy and happy. His coat is shiny and he does not shed excessively. Most recently we switched him to the adult formula and the results have been just as good.

I do have two small complaints about Wellness, first of all their kitten formula comes in only one standard flavor. Although I can’t speak for my cat’s tastebuds, I would assume some variety could be incorporated and is

probably preferred. This is no longer an issue for us, but it may be for others. Furthermore, because this is such a high end brand it is rarely seen in most stores and it does take some looking to find it, and when you do it is often sold out. I assume this is because of the price and there is not much to be done, but it would be nice to be able to get cat food closer to home instead of lugging it on the train for an hour.

Other than that, this is an amazing product and I would definitely say that my cat’s health and energy are due to Wellness.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 295041572020330/k2311a045/4.5.12