Dr Hauschka Jojoba and Marshmallow Conditioner  » Housewares  »
  • I love the way I can literally run my fingers through my hair even while it's still wringing wet from the shower, this almost never happens for me as my hair has a tendency to knot badly when wet so in that respect this IS a miracle product
  • I'm not actually keen on the fragrance and prefer to use 'prettier' smelling hair products, but to be honest this one works so well that I'd be a fool to stop using it just because I don't like how it smells too much
  • Overall I think this is an excellent hair conditioner and one I've purchased several times since I used it the first time
  • This isn't an issue when using the product as a daily conditioner though, and after rinsing I can blow dry and style my hair as normal with a minimum of fuss

• by roundabout

I first started using this Jojoba and Marshmallow Conditioner from Dr Hauschka after having my hair bleached, it had turned my hair to straw and I was desperate for something to make it look healthy again.  I’ve been impressed with the Dr Hauschka range of skin care products in the past, so when I spotted the conditioner I paid my $22 (250ml bottle) and prayed it would live up to the rest of their products I have used before.

It’s a beautiful conditioner, I’m not sure I’d go as far as to call it a miracle hair product but I’ve achieved excellent results with it and in less than three weeks my hair was back to its healthy, shiny condition.

You apply as you would any conditioner; shampoo your hair first,

rinse away all the bubbles and apply the conditioner after squeezing as much water out of your hair as possible. Dr Hauschka advise you to leave it on your hair for a few minutes, for me five minutes works perfectly - a shorter time means my hair doesn’t feel particularly conditioned afterwards, any longer and the very rich conditioner will leave my hair looking greasy even if I keep it well away from the roots.  This conditioner is, apparently, suitable for moisturising a very dry scalp but I haven’t tried this as I feel it’s far too heavy for this purpose and would likely cause my hair to become greasy.

After using the Jojoba and Marshmallow conditioner I can honestly say that my hair both looks and feels amazing. It ...

• promotes a healthy shine and ensures there are no knots in my hair after I’ve washed it; my long hair feels silky and hangs in a shiny curtain down my back. I love the way I can literally run my fingers through my hair even while it’s still wringing wet from the shower, this almost never happens for me as my hair has a tendency to knot badly when wet so in that respect this IS a miracle product.

The smell is a little strange; equal parts floral and creamy, with a tinge of underlying sweetness. I’m not actually keen on the fragrance and prefer to use ‘prettier’ smelling hair products, but to be honest this one works so well that I’d be a fool to stop using it just

because I don’t like how it smells too much!

Overall I think this is an excellent hair conditioner and one I’ve purchased several times since I used it the first time. My hair feels incredible after I’ve used it, and looks almost as good as it feels!  A few times I’ve used it as an intensive conditioner, applying as usual and leaving on my hair for an hour so that the formulation can sink deeper into my hair - this works beautifully, although the intensive method leaves my hair rather flyaway so styling can be a problem afterwards. This isn’t an issue when using the product as a daily conditioner though, and after rinsing I can blow dry and style my hair as normal with a minimum of fuss.

Very, very highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 535041572000330/k2311a045/4.5.12