Hotel Formule 1, Melbourne, Australia  » Hotels  »
97-103 Elizabeth St, Melbourne, Australia
  • I like the room for its cleanliness, but we had to buy and bring in our mineral water, as this seemed to be the only way of drinking in our room
  • Further, I think that guests like to have a window in their room, but we had only an opaque glass that could not be opened

• by Pusaka

I chose this hotel via Booking. com. My reason in booking this hotel was based mainly on two considerations, price and location. I paid A$79 (US$87) excluding breakfast.

This was a weekday rate for a family room. On weekends they charge you more. I stayed there with my wife and my son.

With such a cheap rate, I did not expect much from the hotel. We were given a tiny room (room 401) for three people (with a queen size double bed and a single bunk overhead bed), a television set, and

an en-suite shower. I like the room for its cleanliness, but we had to buy and bring in our mineral water, as this seemed to be the only way of drinking in our room.

I am writing this because this room has no fridge, and has no coffee maker. Further, I think that guests like to have a window in their room, but we had only an opaque glass that could not be opened. I could only guess whether it was light or dark or bright or raining outside by seeing ...

• the non-transparent glass.

The entrance to this hotel is only a long narrow corridor next to “Subway” bread store. The reception is located on the first floor. The receptionist can help you in making a phone call to “Skybus” airport transfer for confirmation of your picking time, if you already have a “Skybus” ticket.

We checked out at 10am but as confirmed “Skybus” picking time would be at 8:30 pm, we had plenty of time to explore the city and around. For this, our luggage was deposited in a payable locker

also on the first floor. There is no free luggage deposit service as in many other hotels.

The location of the hotel is great. You just need to walk a few meters to catch a payable tram, or 10 minutes to Flinders St to catch a free city circle tram. Continue walking eastward for one block then you are in Federation Square, a must visit place for tourists.

Further, Melbourne Town Hall, China Town, and State Library of Victoria are all within walking distance. Apart from the location, this hotel is only fair. The website is www.

hotelformule1. com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24041571820130/k2311a044/4.4.12