Six Flags Great Escape Indoor Lodge & water park  » Entertainment  »
89 Six Flags Drive Queensbury, New York 12804
  • Around 8pm they do a story time that doesnt cost anything

• by shaggin83

This is an indoor water park so when we went during the cold weather it was awesome because it gave us something to do when it was cold and we couldn’t do anything fun outside.

When I stepped into the lobby I was struck by the beauty in the decor and the cleanliness of the place. The lodge is huge. The room I stayed in was room 411. The room was very nice. The only thing I didn’t like was the curtains were kind of ugly and there was a stain on the ceiling from where the roof leaked through. There was no fan in the bathroom either and it was very small.

The check out time was 11

am but it was weird because you were allowed to continue to swim until 1pm. We went to swim right after check out but had to wait around for an hour while they cleaned the water and no one gave us any explanation as to why we had to wait they just said no one could go in the water.

Inside the waterpark they have a jacuzzi called Soakum Spring but I had to be with my two children so I wasn’t able to try out the jacuzzi. There is an awesome surfing ride called the Boogie Bear Surf that looked really fun but I didn’t try it out. It is something that is fun just to watch. They have a person who stands at the bottom and shows you how to do different stunts. They say the water in the waterpark is always 80 degrees but I really don’t think it was quite that warm. The Tak-it-eesi creek is neat. You can ride on tubes or just swim through it if you want to. It isn’t very deep though. My kids really enjoyed this. We spend most of our time while at the waterpark in the Tak-it-eesi creek. What was gross is when you swim through this one part underneath a bridge there is so much gross stuff on the bottom of the pool. They need to vacuum that out every night but it wasn’t done either ...

• Six Flags Great Escape Indoor Lodge & water park
      day we were there. I was afraid of what I might step on when walking through there. The first day there was a tampon in the water. It was still there the next day until my mother said something to a lifeguard. There are lifeguards every few feet throughout the entire waterpark. I felt very safe that if my daughter got out of my site she would be ok. The avalanche was a little to much for me. You go down a tunnel at a fast speed in total darkness. The Glacier run and snow shoe falls was not open on either day that we were there. There is a little area for small kids called the Tip-a-kanu-beach. My
      kids really enjoyed playing there. They even had swings for babies to swing on over the water. A really neat thing for kids is the Tall Timbers Treehouse. There is so much to do that no kid could possibly get bored up there.

They have a large gift shop but the merchandise is out of my price range so all I got was my children some candy that probably would have been more then $1 less if I had bought it somewhere else.

At certain times throughout the day they have crafts and things the kids can do but they are kind of costly. Around 8pm they do a story time that doesnt cost anything. My kids really liked this. Scooby Doo was there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 594041571790130/k2311a044/4.4.12