2007 St. Clements Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley  » Food  »
  • I'm not much of a white wine drinker because it's often too sweet for me, so I asked the wine shop owner to recommend me a good, not-to-sweet white wine
  • He recommended this one, and I'm definitely a fan
  • I like the simplicity of this wine, and when it's chilled, it's extremely refreshing
  • It also has a very distinct grape flavor that I think a lot of the more complex wines lack
  • I also noticed that I didn't have a hangover or hardly any feelings of dehydration like I normally get when drinking wine

• by Melanie Noell

I’m not much of a white wine drinker because it’s often too sweet for me, so I asked the wine shop owner to recommend me a good, not-to-sweet white wine. He recommended this one, and I’m definitely a fan.

Although it doesn’t have the delicate notes of citrus or flowers that many white wines have, it is for this reason that it is so extremely drinkable for those who don’t like overly sweet wines. I like the simplicity of this wine, and when it’s chilled,

it’s extremely refreshing. It also has a very distinct grape flavor that I think a lot of the more complex wines lack. This is also a great wine for someone just starting to drink wine.

When I talked to the owner of the wine shop, he told me it was created in a more traditional French style - rather than fruity sweetness, there is a more earthy, grassy flavor to balance out the sweetness of the grapes.

I noticed right off that bat that to really unlock ...

• the refreshing flavor of this wine is to swirl it in the glass. Although that’s pretty normal for wine, it does get tiresome needing to do it for every sip, especially if you’re a slow drinker like me. When it sits for a while, you get a bit of an alcohol aftertaste.

I bought this wine at a wine shop for about $15 which is a pretty decent price for a decent bottle of wine. I think it’s a good buy and very versatile -

it’s very drinkable for a lot of people. I also noticed that I didn’t have a hangover or hardly any feelings of dehydration like I normally get when drinking wine. I think it may be because the wine is less sweet and didn’t dehydrate me as much. It didn’t say it was sulfite-free, though, so this may be a case-by-case observation.

Hangover or not, I would definitely recommend this wine as a good, refreshing wine that’s flavorful yet not overly sweet. I will definitely be purchasing it again!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274041571750130/k2311a044/4.4.12